Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

28 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/trump-calls-covid-relief-bill-unsuitable-and-demands-congress-add-higher-stimulus-payments.html

Not going further into the discussion though. As always with politics, it makes people turn into condescending twats. Just sharing my source. 

After reading that link, I am actually quite amused. The use of the words “arch enemies” stands out in particular, especially in the irony of them agreeing about the $2000 checks. But I ultimately think this is posturing and he will sign it in the end. The only reason it’s at $600 is because that’s what Mnuchin negotiated on his behalf.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xenos said:

After reading that link, I am actually quite amused. The use of the words “arch enemies” stands out in particular, especially in the irony of them agreeing about the $2000 checks. But I ultimately think this is posturing and he will sign it in the end. The only reason it’s at $600 is because that’s what Mnuchin negotiated on his behalf.

we should def get 2000 checks.

so lets give nothing until that happens

if the 2000 gets approved, lets hold out for 4 Gs.

29 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It should be manageable if we stick solely to the actual Covid relief bill instead of the annual spending bill lol.

And if I got the two mixed up, that's my fault. I obviously didnt't read the bill itself even if it was presented to me I don't think I'd have the time 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And if I got the two mixed up, that's my fault. I obviously didnt't read the bill itself even if it was presented to me I don't think I'd have the time 

It’s not your fault. I did the same thing. KSJ just provided the necessary reminder.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

we should def get 2000 checks.

so lets give nothing until that happens

if the 2000 gets approved, lets hold out for 4 Gs.

Some people can’t hold out. Besides the stimulus checks are nowhere near the most important part of this relief bill.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Some people can’t hold out. Besides the stimulus checks are nowhere near the most important part of this relief bill.

Agreed, as much as I'd love a $2,000 check as someone who's laid off until March I need the bill passed for the extra unemployment money more than I need it delayed for an extra 1,400 in a one time payment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Agreed, as much as I'd love a $2,000 check as someone who's laid off until March I need the bill passed for the extra unemployment money more than I need it delayed for an extra 1,400 in a one time payment.

My unemployment benefits are running out next month. Is there a plan to extend the benefits or is that a state by state issue? 

Just now, rob_shadows said:

That's generally a state issue

Yeah, that's what I assumed. I got laid off at the back-end of the $600 benefit and now I'm running out when they are adding $300. I was hoping we'd extend but apparently Wisconsin hit the threshold to not offer an extension on November 7th. I have no idea what's gonna happen but I've gotten exactly zero call backs from the literal thousand jobs I've applied to these last 5+ months. Just absurd that I may be completely effed into taking some ****ty job with bad pay and no benefits just to attempt to survive.

20 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

And this is where someone was confused with my intentions earlier in the thread. I couldn't care less if I get a check bc I've been fortunate to not have issues in my line of work but I understand millions have not and need money and benefits ASAP. 

I know it doesn't help you but the second I get any money, it's spent to help people struggling in my community, which there are many, whether it be 600 or 6k. The fact it's still a topic of discussion is just absurd to me. This should've been laid out months ago. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, that's what I assumed. I got laid off at the back-end of the $600 benefit and now I'm running out when they are adding $300. I was hoping we'd extend but apparently Wisconsin hit the threshold to not offer an extension on November 7th. I have no idea what's gonna happen but I've gotten exactly zero call backs from the literal thousand jobs I've applied to these last 5+ months. Just absurd that I may be completely effed into taking some ****ty job with bad pay and no benefits just to attempt to survive.

Figured it out. The PEUC got extended, thank god. I'm not totally effed yet.

• Like 1