Patriots Sign Packers Legend Danny Vitale

goldfishwars

I've followed Vitale's journey closely. His usage at Northwestern was really impressive. He was drafted by the Bucs, struggled over there as he was forced into a conventional lead blocking role and then played some games with the Browns. Finally found consistency with the Packers in a scheme that likes to use a FB. However, I've always had the feeling that he could do so much more and is certainly capable playing a Juszczyk type role if given the opportunity. I think the Pats could give him that opportunity. Without Brady and not many notable weapons, BB and his crew are forced to get even more creative and use Vitale as a valuable chess piece.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I've followed Vitale's journey closely. His usage at Northwestern was really impressive. He was drafted by the Bucs, struggled over there as he was forced into a conventional lead blocking role and then played some games with the Browns. Finally found consistency with the Packers in a scheme that likes to use a FB. However, I've always had the feeling that he could do so much more and is certainly capable playing a Juszczyk type role if given the opportunity. I think the Pats could give him that opportunity. Without Brady and not many notable weapons, BB and his crew are forced to get even more creative and use Vitale as a valuable chess piece.

I bet this guy knows about fullbacks

• Like 4

Just now, Fullback said:

Yessir! A long time ago I was a sapless edge rusher, but then moved to FB to eat my opponents alive! xD

I wish I had my MS paint of when GB had 3 fullbacks on the team at once to show you. I can't remember it exactly but it was great.

• Like 1

Man I just hope the Pats can develop his blocking. There is no doubt that what Vitale can do with the ball in his hands exceeds most FB/H-back type players. Let alone the type of unique athlete he is. He has the potential to become an iconic FB both with his personality and ability on the field.

Any word on Develin yet? Still under contract, but the neck injury was potentially career ending I've been told.

• Like 1