Jump to content
BZski

2020 NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I don’t disagree. Lions will take an elite dB over an elite de.  I didn’t say I’d do it. I think history will show ne values dbs over de.

That would be insanely STUPID!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BZski said:

That would be insanely STUPID!

"insanely STUPID!" or Lion's STUPID?

Edited by LionArkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t know. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me. CB’s that look to be able to play day 1 aren’t that common and the position is so important in. Patricia’s scheme. Obviously they would like to improve the pass rush as well. I just feel they have more opportunity to accomplish that.

So many interesting possibilities this year. I hope it goes off as planned. 

I am starting to feel this way as well.

Even if we are staring Young and Okudah in the face, I am starting to believe we will take Okudah. I am not mad about that. As you alluded to, there appear to be many different types of pass rushers in this class. Many of which would help our team and I do not believe the difference in prospect rating is very mich between the two. 

Btw- I still wouldn't be surprised if we chose Simmons. Just kind of seems like a BQ/MP pick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

I am starting to feel this way as well.

Even if we are staring Young and Okudah in the face, I am starting to believe we will take Okudah. I am not mad about that. As you alluded to, there appear to be many different types of pass rushers in this class. Many of which would help our team and I do not believe the difference in prospect rating is very mich between the two. 

Btw- I still wouldn't be surprised if we chose Simmons. Just kind of seems like a BQ/MP pick.

 

Again very stupid to take Okudah over Young. Like really stupid. There is NOWAY to spin taking Okudah over Young as a good idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BZski said:

Again very stupid to take Okudah over Young. Like really stupid. There is NOWAY to spin taking Okudah over Young as a good idea. 

Can you go further with this? I'm interested in why there is "NOWAY" to spin it.  Just to verify, I don't want Okudah over Young, but I think this is the route the Lions go.  I think there is an argument to be made for drafting Okudah over Young, but it is one I don't agree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BZski said:

Again very stupid to take Okudah over Young. Like really stupid. There is NOWAY to spin taking Okudah over Young as a good idea. 

I don’t think anyone is suggesting it would be the right move, simply suggesting we could see why the Lions might feel this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Lions get Chase Young, the saddest guy in the NFL is going to be Aaron Rodgers.  He would be facing Khalil Mack, Danielle Hunter, and now Chase Young all twice a season!

0bRJMPt.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If the Lions get Chase Young, the saddest guy in the NFL is going to be Aaron Rodgers.  He would be facing Khalil Mack, Danielle Hunter, and now Chase Young all twice a season!

0bRJMPt.jpg

And Danica Patrick will have to wipe away his tears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is the case we need to start looking at Wilson much higher than he is going in mocks. I personally love the guys potential.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BZski said:

If this is the case we need to start looking at Wilson much higher than he is going in mocks. I personally love the guys potential.

 

That's quite a comparison. I don't know a lot about the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

That's quite a comparison. I don't know a lot about the guy.

He came to Wyoming as a CB so he has coverage skills as well. He was coached by our coaching staff at the Senior Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

That's quite a comparison. I don't know a lot about the guy.

If legit, he'd be well worth our 2nd. Hate to do that 2 years in a row, but if hes that good youd have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 12:30 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting it would be the right move, simply suggesting we could see why the Lions might feel this way.

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Again, I really think were targeting Simmons and Okudah.

Whomever we pick well probably say it's the guy we wanted all along lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

If legit, he'd be well worth our 2nd. Hate to do that 2 years in a row, but if hes that good youd have to.

I think he is higher on the Lions board than many may believe. I wouldnt be surprised if he is that "WTF" pick we have every year from most Lions fans including myself (Kenny G, Walker, Tavai, Harris). I think he may be in the running for the pick at #35.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×