FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

Would the Panthers do that in real life? Probably not, but strategically, I'm thinking about what makes the team better for this year with this draft. Having Simmons and McKinney on board helps fill holes on defense. 

5 minutes ago, PR said:

Would the Panthers do that in real life? Probably not, but strategically, I'm thinking about what makes the team better for this year with this draft. Having Simmons and McKinney on board helps fill holes on defense. 

It's a single year draft, so I get it for sure

Plus I see McKinney as the next hybrid Smith/Matthieu. Able to play FS/SS, slide up to be a sub LBer to allow a LB to blitz, and even cover slot with his coverage ability. Love the kid. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You lost me at "trade a future first for a safety."

That will be reset at the end of this draft... This is a one off-season league. Why does it matter what I do with the imaginary future picks? 

Oakland wants to use that to possibly jump into a QB sweepstakes next year. Well done.

You know the person I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole? Jordan Love. 

8 minutes ago, PR said:

That will be reset at the end of this draft... This is a one off-season league. Why does it matter what I do with the imaginary future picks? 

Oakland wants to use that to possibly jump into a QB sweepstakes next year. Well done.

You know the person I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole? Jordan Love. 

I mean, I understand that, but as far as grading the pick goes or looking at it at all, that's still saying that you're trading away a future first.  Has to be taken into account.

But yeah, no, I don't like Love either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I understand that, but as far as grading the pick goes or looking at it at all, that's still saying that you're trading away a future first.  Has to be taken into account.

I mean I feel like I just got a free pick in the first round for something they will never see *shrugs*

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

For sure, but I don't think the majority of the fun is stemming from how the picks are graded out by others. I think the fun is navigating the trades, making the picks. By that measure, he ostensibly just got a free first round pick that he and his forum can have some fun with when they look back at their draft class. 

It's not really a realistic trade in any measure because I doubt anyone is making it with those kind of future consequences, so may as well just grab the pick and have fun

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For sure, but I don't think there majority of the fun is stemming from how the picks are graded out by others. I think the fun is navigating the trades, making the picks. By that measure, he identity just got a free first round pick that he and his forum can have some fun with when they look back at their draft class. 

It's not really a realistic trade in any measure because I don't anyone is making it with those kind of future consequences, do may as well just grab the pick and have fun

^ This