FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Getting Trent Williams and Josh Jones is good business for the Fins. But they should have paid the price to get Tua instead of Herbert. 

Fair take we offered more than they took but they didn’t want to go back on the deal in place which is fair play. Some of our team wanted Herbert.

fwiw I think dolphins take Herbert irl.

Just now, mountainpd said:

Fair take we offered more than they took but they didn’t want to go back on the deal in place which is fair play. Some of our team wanted Herbert.

I think they do as well. 

15 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I hope you guys don’t IRL

I think it would’ve been better to just build out the team with those picks....Maybe get Love later if you like him or wait til next year than it would to take Herbert at 5.

Just not much of a believer in him, though I also didn’t think Tua was a great prospect even without the injury issues. For as many QBs who they think could go round 1, this class kinda sucks. I mean even Burrow isn’t a blow you away type prospect.

24 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Note: you offered to "match" the Chargers' offer. (We weren't concerned with dropping from #5 to #6, and the Chargers' 2nd round pick is two spots higher. We saw it as a wash.) We didn't even insist on receiving #24: we just asked for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. In real life, we were sure that the Dolphins would have to give more. Unfortunately, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd was turned down.

Our talks were respectful and fair, and I don't want to seem like I'm criticizing you or anything. Just trying to make sure we're all on the same page.