FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

A long snapper

Astute suggestion. Our kicking game has been lackluster since the great Chandler Catanzaro fell off a cliff (which actually corresponded with Mike Leach, our long-time and All-Pro caliber long snapper, retiring).

• Like 1

Van Jefferson is a nice fit and value there.

Zack Moss is a great pick this late, but I'm a little confused at taking both him and Taylor while still having Damien Williams on the roster. Not to mention Darwin Thompson. It's a good value pick for sure, just not sure about the roster construction.

Darrell Taylor was a nice value here too.

The TE's are starting to be nice value picks, but I think them sliding was inevitable when it tends to be the position that takes longest to adapt to the league and we're all focused on short contention windows.

• Like 1

Zack Moss was too good of a value to pass up. He will help keep Jonathan Taylor fresh after this year when Damien Williams contract is up. And now Mahomes can go back to putting up MVP numbers like when we had Kareem Hunt.

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

A long snapper

If there's such a market forming, the 1957 NFL Champion Detroit Lions happen to have not one, but two long snappers on the roster. Our initial plan was to horde these assets, but I believe we'd be willing to trade James Fisher for a 2021 draft pick. (For those that believe 2021 draft picks are irrelevant in FFMD, I'd like for you to put that rationale where your keyboard is.)

Please, form a line and wait patiently, for I anticipate these trade talks to be active.

5 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Zack Moss is a great pick this late, but I'm a little confused at taking both him and Taylor while still having Damien Williams on the roster. Not to mention Darwin Thompson. It's a good value pick for sure, just not sure about the roster construction.

The TE's are starting to be nice value picks, but I think them sliding was inevitable when it tends to be the position that takes longest to adapt to the league and we're all focused on short contention windows.

I won't say I'm the most versed guy in the business but Hopkins was 1.b to Kmet's 1.a for me

Thats such a crazy position this year

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Thanks. 

A long term WR room of Jalen Reagor as the Z JJ Arcega Whiteside as the X and Van in the Slot should theoretically be good. Hopefully JJAW can recover from his terrible rookie year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I like your evaluating.

It gets me away from my wife. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Thanks. 

A long term WR room of Jalen Reagor as the Z JJ Arcega Whiteside as the X and Van in the Slot should theoretically be good. Hopefully JJAW can recover from his terrible rookie year

You guys needed a speed guy first and foremost. Jefferson can play X if JJ can't even if that isnt his best projection. He's a slot guy and regardless is one of the most pro ready guys in the draft..  this year that's especially valuable.

FWIW I was really high on JJ last year. 

• Like 3