FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I've been seeing the name Davion Taylor pop up more recently but don't really know anything about him. Spin me a tale @BowserBroncos. Why was he worth trading up for? 

(not a criticism I want to learn more about later round LB's because I expect the Eagles to target them)

Rare speed, plus special team talent. A bit raw but has enough to develop into a starter in a few years.

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I've been seeing the name Davion Taylor pop up more recently but don't really know anything about him. Spin me a tale @BowserBroncos. Why was he worth trading up for? 

(not a criticism I want to learn more about later round LB's because I expect the Eagles to target them)

Only played one High School Football game in his entire life; due to religious believes. 

Still made a D1 team. Raw but an uber lottery ticket.

Taylor played a single game in HS bc his mom adhered to some religion that didn’t allow work on Saturdays, so he has basically only been a football player for 4 years. Coaching staff raves about his work ethic and coach-ability. Elite measurables with immediate ST talent. 

No sure thing, and we looked at Bachie. But my thinking is that a Bachie level player is available every offseason in FA for peanuts so take the high upside, good character coachable guy and if he only becomes a ST stud, at least the gamble was worth it.

Denver has been looking for a LB that can cover since Danny left for the Bears. This fit.

• Like 1