FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Names? Where we are going, we don't need names.

But seriously @BucsDraftGeek47 who da heck is that? I've done no work on the QB's in this class

James Morgan. I saw the CUSA on his jersey and typed Panthers and searched the database from there lol

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hate you @BucsDraftGeek47

49ers war room will tell you that I've been trumpeting Morgan as a developmental QB for us during this entire mock. 

👈👈😎

Had to make the trade up , didnt think he'd last to 160

Plus the bucs community re all ly like him as a developmental guy as you said , and he fits BAs system to boot

From @tannenballsTop 100 Big Board:

On 4/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, HoboRocket said:

Aww, thanks.

@tannenballs, I respect your views overall. I think that Josh Jones is definitely a top-20 prospect, so overall ranking isn't too far off from where I'd put him, though he's my OT5. My top 100 would probably have 18 or so tackles in it; this class is simply loaded at the position. The only OT that you have in the top-100 that I typically wouldn't include is Alex Taylor; I haven't scouted him specifically, though, so perhaps he's a good prospect. Do you see Washington OT Trey Adams as undraftable? He's easily a first-rounder based off his on-field play, but those injuries are insane.

I love the respect that you're showing to James Morgan. He's legit, and I wouldn't blink if a team "reached" on him in the early third, or even second round. He was great in college and played fantastic football at the Shrine and then showed off a live-arm at the Combine. He really spins the ball when he throws it, but it's still a very catchable ball. One note is how seamlessly he transitioned at the Shrine practices with a group of pass-catchers that he'd never met before. He made them all look good, and they made him look good in return. Chemistry. That's a hugely important trait at the NFL level. I was also very impressed with his feel for receivers at the Combine. It only served to confirm what I saw at FIU; this guy is the real deal. He has good accuracy, good velocity, good range, throws a very catchable ball, has great size, and has experience in a pro scheme with spread concepts. That matches like 90% of NFL offenses these days, and the ones that it doesn't match are even more QB-friendly. He's charismatic and interviewed very well. There's not really a box that this guy doesn't check from a traits and intangibles standpoint. He doesn't have a whole lot of experience with big-time competition. His mobility is probably good enough, but doesn't project to be top-level in the NFL. Overall, I think he could be the guy in this class that surprises and ends up starting football games and being a competent NFL starting QB. He has the upside to be a top-12 or so QB.

It gets me very frustrated when all these Twitter draftniks that chart passes include their top-8 draft-eligible QBs and have Nate Stanley, Steven Montez, or Brian Lewerke in their charts but don't even acknowledge Morgan's existence. Heck, it seems like even Shea Patterson has been more relevant to the media throughout the process. Morgan is better than all of those guys, though, and deserves more attention.

In other news, DJ Humphries is now available for trade. Really looking to trade up into this range, want two picks for Humphries.

Once again Slot CB Mike Hilton is available for an upcoming pick. 

Played 63% of snaps last year for top 3 defense in the league. One of the best blitzing corners in the league, sticky against slot guys, makes plays on the ball, and is very solid in run support. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Played 63% of snaps last year for top 3 defense in the league. One of the best blitzing corners in the league, sticky against slot guys, makes plays on the ball, and is very solid in run support. 

Sounds like you should keep him :P

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

We are loaded at CB and have Cam Sutton and K’Von Wallace now for NB duties and Hilton is a FA after this season. 

Now I'd be happy to take Cam Sutton off your hands.  Then you can keep Milton!  Everybody wins!

• Like 2