College Football 25

Ty21

Also - Since I don't want to de-rail Dangers Troy Thread...

Is there an effective way to contain the QB option? I'm alright at getting pressure, but when he pulls it down the LBers just kinda watch him until he's near the first down.

I put a spy on him and they do the same thing. I usually play as one of the DL. 

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Also - Since I don't want to de-rail Dangers Troy Thread...

Is there an effective way to contain the QB option? I'm alright at getting pressure, but when he pulls it down the LBers just kinda watch him until he's near the first down.

I put a spy on him and they do the same thing. I usually play as one of the DL. 

In general Cover 2 will help with defending the run better than man coverage. 

Two others things you can do to contain mobile QB's (allegedly at least) is press I think Right Bumper in the play select screen and set QB Contain to aggressive or option defense accordingly (I don't usually touch that one). 

QB spies specifically work well for that sort of thing, They won't necessarily follow the QB 100% but it helps considerably. You can always hot route a defender to being a QB spy.

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

Say. Do Online Dynasty's still work? I'd be down to one with a few of you guys. We all take small schools and make our own conference (replacing Conference USA or something)

IDK the answer to the question, I know that the website doesn't work anymore.  What kind of commitment are we looking at?  1 game a day, 1 game a week?

Well one thing I forgot to mention. I'm on Xbox 360 sooooo. I checked and it does still work. I'd love to do an online dynasty if any of you are on the Xbox 360 version.

I don't know how we're all split between PS3 or 360. 

@MKnight82 @Fl0nkerton @Scalamania @carrolljcmc @Neumatic @drd23 @THE DUKE @JBURGE

And others. 

Also importing Teambuilder schools work, so we can do that as well. I'd likely import Villanova as my school.

Additionally, we'd have to discuss what rules we want to set. 

Edited by Danger

I'm on PS3.  

But couple the time zone difference with the fact that I really not very good at actually playing the games (I sim most of them, and when I do play its usually only on offense/special teams) and I'm not sure if I'd be in on a league

13 hours ago, Danger said:

Well one thing I forgot to mention. I'm on Xbox 360 sooooo. I checked and it does still work. I'd love to do an online dynasty if any of you are on the Xbox 360 version.

I don't know how we're all split between PS3 or 360. 

@MKnight82 @Fl0nkerton @Scalamania @carrolljcmc @Neumatic @drd23 @THE DUKE @JBURGE

And others. 

Also importing Teambuilder schools work, so we can do that as well. I'd likely import Villanova as my school.

Additionally, we'd have to discuss what rules we want to set. 

I'm on 360. How does this work exactly?

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'm on 360. How does this work exactly?

I'll make an online Dynasty, if you want to look around and see what's there you can create one yourself but stop short of finalizing it. Go to Dynasty -> New Dynasty -> Online Dynasty

Then from there you can customize things however you please. But I'll be the one to create it and customize it and everything as necessary. Hopefully I can implement the correct roster file. 

I'd like to have us all be in the same conference, preferably in the same division but we can always split off if need be. It'd either be in Conference USA, the Sun Belt, or the American conference since those have a reasonable deal of geographic diversity. 

I'd like to limit it to schools no higher than 2 star prestige (initially). Also keep in mind that many users have created FCS teams pretty accurately that I can grab from Teambuilder. I'll probably be using this years Villanova team myself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd like to have us all be in the same conference, preferably in the same division but we can always split off if need be. It'd either be in Conference USA, the Sun Belt, or the American conference since those have a reasonable deal of geographic diversity. 

I don't think this is a great idea - scheduling multiple user games a season has always been extremely difficult.