College Football 25

Ty21

3 hours ago, Norm said:

I still play 14 so obviously I think it's a good game. But it has the added benefit of being the last one so the only one to play it and only the hardcore guys are still around talking about it, and obviously still playing it, so of course the talk around it is going to be positive.

This isnt just recent though.

The talk about NCAA 14 has always been glowing from most people.    Even when it first came out, it was widely considered notably superior to Madden 25 that year.   Gameplay was so much smoother and dynasty and presentation were on another level too.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

I think the new one will be a good game and I do not believe it will just be a Madden clone. But you can bet your *** the internet is going to do everything they can to make it seem like a disaster. This is what they do to about every game anymore. 

Fair enough, but I think most college football fans will be pretty damn happy of the game is anywhere close to NCAA 14.   As long as it doesn't feel like they copy and pasted Madden with just a coat of college paint on it.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Like if it's just better graphics but the same, yes I'll buy it too. But it'll still get murdered online. That's all I'm saying. The whole reality vs Internet perception of gaming anymore, especially anything EA

Justifiably so, usually.   

In todays world, critical voices are always going to be heard louder due to the internet and social media, but I dont necessarily agree it will get murdered if it is a good game.   Even objectively quality games/movies/etc...are going to have harsh critics, but it wont incur the same wrath a game like Madden gets unless it gets the same treatment as modern day Madden.

Hoping its a new gameplay engine and its treated with more respect.   Misplaced optimism most likely....but the long hiatus in this series created a unique opportunity that I HOPE EA took advantage of.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 43M said:

This isnt just recent though.

The talk about NCAA 14 has always been glowing from most people.    Even when it first came out, it was widely considered notably superior to Madden 25 that year.   Gameplay was so much smoother and dynasty and presentation were on another level too.

Fair enough, but I think most college football fans will be pretty damn happy of the game is anywhere close to NCAA 14.   As long as it doesn't feel like they copy and pasted Madden with just a coat of college paint on it.

Justifiably so, usually.   

In todays world, critical voices are always going to be heard louder due to the internet and social media, but I dont necessarily agree it will get murdered if it is a good game.   Even objectively quality games/movies/etc...are going to have harsh critics, but it wont incur the same wrath a game like Madden gets unless it gets the same treatment as modern day Madden.

Hoping its a new gameplay engine and its treated with more respect.   Misplaced optimism most likely....but the long hiatus in this series created a unique opportunity that I HOPE EA took advantage of.

Fair enough.

I'm hopeful it'll be great. Maybe thinking it'll take into the second year too. First time back and on the newest gen might need some tweaks and whatnot.

I'll enjoy it regardless I'm sure, even if it's average. 

What is everyone's "MUST HAVE"  thing or feature for this game?

A coaches career mode that you can build up as a young coach at a small school and go from there to really build a program.

Wise side of this, it'd be awesome to take a school and build them all the way up to the top, be able to build new facilities based off of that. Like what if getting them to certain levels unlocked more booster money. Get to a New Years bowl and get a new weight room, after a certain point can build a new stadium or renovate (not likely). You get to ultimately choose if you want to stay or ditch for a more prestigious place. Just like from there you can export to Madden or leave too.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Would be awesome with a rivalry system 

That's part of why a fleshed out coaching carousel is so important to me.  I liked to track where my assistants went, and then those teams can become kind of short term rivals.  You create your own coaching tree, basically, and it really adds to the life of the dynasty.

• Like 1

this is a small thing, but I think it would be cool if the player generator for recruits was more diverse and accurate to real life. I want to see more players of Pacific Island/Mexican descent on the west coast recruiting trail, players with french last names in the Louisiana /fla area, Nigerian names in TX/DC, German/polish/Italian names in the midwest and east coast

• Like 1

would like the ability to recruit juniors and sophomores. Your a small school who offers a 2 star sophomore a scholarship and he ends up turning into 4 star senior and gets offers from bigger schools but decides to commit to you because you were his first offer would be a cool thing to see.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

would like the ability to recruit juniors and sophomores. Your a small school who offers a 2 star sophomore a scholarship and he ends up turning into 4 star senior and gets offers from bigger schools but decides to commit to you because you were his first offer would be a cool thing to see.

That’s be a cool way to make it deeper

also I hadn’t even thought about how the transfer portal and NIL stuff would change things too for recruiting.