College Football 25

Ty21

44 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Who cares what a player looks like? What matters is editing attributes. Or creating a player from scratch. Are you one of those suckers that actually pays for XP when you can just manually edit it? 

Pays for XP? Wtf are you talking about.

My understanding is that they have stated that the actual real players attributes cannot be changed but as far as cpu generated players and team builder the exact details are still unknown.

And no I still don’t care. I have never gone in and changed attributes in NCAA or madden. Never will. They left editing out because they were sued over this before and we lost the ability to have a college football game for a decade because of it. That is completely understandable. Any individual or company is perfectly within their right to protect themselves from lawsuits. If you want to complain about the lack of player editing complain about the guys that sued a decade ago they are the reason we don’t have player editing not EA.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 43M said:

Whats the point of NOT allowing it aside from taking control out of gamers hands and probably pushing microtransactions for upgrades?   Its been allowed in nearly every EA sports game for the last 20 or so years.

Then shouldn't that tell you that they left it out for potential legal reasons?  Why would they leave it in Madden but not NCAA for any other reason but that?

Also, we'll know for sure later today, but from what I read, only real players won't be allowed to be edited.  Generic players, like the ones you mentioned, can be edited.  

Are you one of those suckers that actually pays for XP when you can just manually edit it? 

Ya'll have got to stop saying this, because it isn't true.  It isn't a thing.  

Maybe ya'll are thinking of 2K.  You can spend money to improve the ratings of your MyPlayer, but that's it.  This isn't a 2K game.  Spending money on XP has never been a thing in Madden and it isn't a thing in this game.  Ultimate Team is the only area where you have an opportunity to spend money.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I've seen some conflicting reports on early access. Some sites say its today others tomorrow? Anyone know when we can play? 

Today at 4PM.  EA was really confusing about this but it will be today for sure

• Like 3

I think I'm going to post my first Dynasty mode on the forum. I'm sure there will be a learning curve but I think it will be fun to share the experience with others. Only issue is I'm going on vacation all next week so there will be a pause but I can get a lot up before I leave Sunday. 

• Like 3

Just found out you can pre install games, even if you haven't purchased them, through the Xbox mobile app. I have this game installing right now & haven't decided on where to buy it yet

Edit- just sucked it up and bought the deluxe version from gamestop. I will stick to not caring about Madden until I get it for ~20 bucks around black Friday 😂

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

So much hype around this game. How does it project differently than Madden? I've seen some gameplay and it looks super similar (Of course a football game is still a football game), but what makes it so different other than teams/players/conferences?

Did they add better animations, game modes, etc?

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So much hype around this game. How does it project differently than Madden? I've seen some gameplay and it looks super similar (Of course a football game is still a football game), but what makes it so different other than teams/players/conferences?

I'd recommend reading all the deep dives.  It would be hard to list all the differences in one post.

I guess on the surface I can see what you mean, but there are so many small things I've noticed in this game that Madden doesn't have or never has had.

This deep dive goes into a lot of the gameplay changes - https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/news/college-football-25-gameplay-deep-dive

I also would say that the gameplay for Madden has gotten better over the years.  Not perfect and still a lot of flaws, but it isn't the worst part of the game.  So a lot of the excitement from people who have played Madden comes from how much content they have added and the improvements to presentation, because that is where Madden fails the most.  Madden is never able to match the atmosphere of an NFL game, whereas this game looks like it nailed the atmosphere of a college game.  I'd highly recommend reading the rest of the deep dives that cover Dynasty, Road to Glory, Ultimate Team, etc.  All that alone gives it more replay value than Madden IMO, nevermind the gameplay.

Here is also someone who played the game answering some of the most asked questions

https://x.com/FendlerTweets/status/1812823777492811992?

Edited by iknowcool

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Any Xbox X|S users on here doing an online dynasty? I'm kinda bummed online dynasty isn't crossplay

Getting a thread compiled here of everyone, still small but I expect more people to jump in when the game is out

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You’re correct it looks similar, it’s the same engine. It’s the same gameplay basically. They’ve just added wrinkles to differ the two.