Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

Just now, packfanfb said:

Use green for sarcasm. This deal is an absolute steal for Green Bay. They paid more last season for Geronimo freaking Allison.

Comparing one bad deal to another is hardly reason to celebrate. He's a not so skinny version of Allison IMO! 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Let me translate...... I was going to dislike the contract regardless of the numbers>

No, about 1 million with incentives would have been OK. If you remember original reports were it was close to veteran minimum. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

No, about 1 million with incentives would have been OK. If you remember original reports were it was close to veteran minimum. 

1 million in base + incentives?   So you are bitching about the 0.2M over that + incentives.   

Is this where I get to drop the line about how spoiled some Packer fans are?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So you're pissed that if he balls out for us, he's gonna get paid? If Funchess hits 65 rec, 800 yards and 8 tds, I'd happily give him another $7 million, let alone $3 million in incentives.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

1 million in base + incentives?   So you are bitching about the 0.2M over that + incentives.   

Is this where I get to drop the line about how spoiled some Packer fans are?

Clearly, math is not your friend! Why don't you go back and read the deal again and then get back to me with the .2 million. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Why the hell would the base salary be guaranteed?

2. Why the hell would the base salary being guaranteed matter at all on a 1 year deal unless you think he's going to get cut during training camp?

Because @Golfman has no idea what he's talking about and just wants something to be upset about.

• Like 3

Just now, Golfman said:

Clearly, math is not your friend! Why don't you go back and read the deal again and then get back to me with the .2 million. 

We're paying $2.26m for Funchess (against the cap) -- last year we paid $2.8m for Geronimo Allison, we just need him to be better than Allison. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

So you're pissed that if he balls out for us, he's gonna get paid? If Funchess hits 65 rec, 800 yards and 8 tds, I'd happily give him another $7 million, let alone $3 million in incentives.

I said, with incentives, but meant PLUS incentives. If he balls out, I"m fine with him getting paid. Giving him anything over and above 1 million in salary plus performance incentives is more than I would have given him. Of course, I could not have a lower opinion of him. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

We're paying $2.26m for Funchess (against the cap) -- last year we paid $2.8m for Geronimo Allison, we just need him to be better than Allison. 

OMG, that is one of the worst takes ever. If he's only better than Allison that means he's #3 closer to 4 on the depth chart behind Adams, MVS and Lazard. Which is where Allison was at the end of the year. LOL! Obviously you don't know how to work a calculator very well. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I said, with incentives, but meant PLUS incentives. If he balls out, I"m fine with him getting paid. Giving him anything over and above 1 million in salary plus performance incentives is more than I would have given him. Of course, I could not have a lower opinion of him. 

All of his incentives are going to be considered NLTBE (Not Likely To Be Earned) incentives, because he didn't reach any of them last year (because he played one game).

They don't count against this year's cap. 

If he reaches them, they count against next year's cap, even if he's not on the team.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dude, he played one game last year. 

The incentives aren't hitting this year's cap. 

WHO GIVES A **** IF THEY HIT THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR. If they hit next year it comes out of what we can pay guys we need to extend. You are aware of roll over cap are you not? 

Next year we have: Bak, Linsley, King, Clark, Jones and J. Williams as free agents. You can't spend the money twice!