FFMD II Dallas Cowboys Front Office

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I get it. I dont think giving up our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks is feasible. You have no interest in future picks? What about players? Do you have positions of need?

His hip injury started in training camp, he had surgery a few games into the season and is now 100% recovered and is training. 

Our last offer didn't include the 4th but was a 5th getting a 7th back.

Future pick just don't have the same value in this as they do in reality thats why i usually try to avoid them. For players i think CB would be top the list and behind that in terms of already in the NFL players TE.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I get it. I dont think giving up our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks is feasible. You have no interest in future picks? What about players? Do you have positions of need?

Future picks don't really do anything in this. In fairness, we countered with a 2/3/5 for 1/7 and let you keep the 4th. I'm not really sure what else can be done there. It was a fair trade, you guys just didn't want to make it, which is understandable. Losing picks in this thing takes away the fun. 

We talked about players with regard to a possible Pettis swap, and I don't know if that's a great match. I don't know what you have that would be of interest to move, to be honest. I don't know your team well enough. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They already made the pick.

So I guess we're just gonna stay put.

Time had run out so to secure Epenesa who was top of our board and the guy you guys targeted we made the pick. If you want the player a deal could still be made. If you want to make the pick that moment has sady gone by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Time had run out so to secure Epenesa who was top of our board and the guy you guys targeted we made the pick. If you want the player a deal could still be made. If you want to make the pick that moment has sady gone by.

But they could announce the trade in the trade thread with gusto and fanfare in the style of a draft pick made in the draft thread. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They already made the pick.

So I guess we're just gonna stay put.

Did you miss this post??

35 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I am going to put the pick in before my time runs out. So let me know if its a yes or a no. Would be the same guy you guys would take so if you want could finalize the deal after the pick.

7 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Our last offer didn't include the 4th but was a 5th getting a 7th back.

Future pick just don't have the same value in this as they do in reality thats why i usually try to avoid them. For players i think CB would be top the list and behind that in terms of already in the NFL players TE.

Boundary or Slot DB?

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Future picks don't really do anything in this. In fairness, we countered with a 2/3/5 for 1/7 and let you keep the 4th. I'm not really sure what else can be done there. It was a fair trade, you guys just didn't want to make it, which is understandable. Losing picks in this thing takes away the fun. 

We talked about players with regard to a possible Pettis swap, and I don't know if that's a great match. I don't know what you have that would be of interest to move, to be honest. I don't know your team well enough. 

I think we are saying the same thing. Dropping multiple rounds without a pick sucks the joy out of the game. Is there any way we can keep our 3rd? Like what if it was a 2, 4, 5? We could potentially even swap 3rd rounders so that you guys can move up significantly, but we still get a pick

@Matts4313

We can't move that far down without a third. We can work around the extra fifth or something, but it has to be 51 + 82. If that is too much for you guys, we are just banging our heads against a wall. 

But if you guys are wanting to talk about a base line of Epenesa for 51 + 82, we can figure out the rest however else we choose. We can include players back and forth or however. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I think we are saying the same thing. Dropping multiple rounds without a pick sucks the joy out of the game. Is there any way we can keep our 3rd? Like what if it was a 2, 4, 5? We could potentially even swap 3rd rounders so that you guys can move up significantly, but we still get a pick

hmmmm. I mean, I don't hate it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

@Matts4313

We can't move that far down without a third. We can work around the extra fifth or something, but it has to be 51 + 82. If that is too much for you guys, we are just banging our heads against a wall. 

But if you guys are wanting to talk about a base line of Epenesa for 51 + 82, we can figure out the rest however else we choose. We can include players back and forth or however. 

Ok, how about this:

Dallas:

2nd

3rd

2x 5th rounders

49ers

Epenesa

4th

The drop from your 4th to our 5th isnt really that big of a fall. But if we can pick up your 4th along with ours, maybe we can find a way back into the 3rd by trading with someone else. Win/Win 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Ok, how about this:

Dallas:

2nd

3rd

2x 5th rounders

49ers

Epenesa

4th

The drop from your 4th to our 5th isnt really that big of a fall. But if we can pick up your 4th along with ours, maybe we can find a way back into the 3rd by trading with someone else. Win/Win 

we don't have a 4th. We have 2 fifths, one of them early, one of them late. We traded one. Not sure which. @Justone2

• Like 1

Ok, how about this:

Dallas:

2nd

3rd

2x 5th rounders

49ers

Epenesa

4th

Do they have a 4th this year.

I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

Ok, how about this:

Dallas:

2nd

3rd

2x 5th rounders

49ers

Epenesa

4th

Dont believe we have a 4th.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:
5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

hmmmm. I mean, I don't hate it. 

@Justone2

@D82