FFMD II - Redskins War Room - OTC!!!!

Ghostnote

If anyone subscribes to The Altantic, Dane Brugler's "Beast" prospect analysis is free to download. 

246 pages of in-depth analysis. Great stuff!

https://theathletic.com/1727831/2020/04/07/dane-brugler-nfl-draft-guide-2020-the-beast/

Also, there appears to be so little consensus about TE rankings. Crazy.

Edited by Skinsin2013
  • Like 1

Here is the write up on Claypool:

STRENGTHS: Striking size/speed athlete…strong-strider and eats up cushion quickly, understanding how to stack defensive backs mid-route…foot quickness of a smaller athlete, driving defenders off his pattern…calms his lower body to quickly set up shop and give his quarterback a target…above-average length and adjustment skills, expanding his catch radius…crowded catch points don’t faze him, winning jump-balls and back shoulders…his tape is full of broken tackles due to his physical nature…blocks with a competitive edge, riding defenders and putting them on the ground…played on special teams coverages all four years…plays through pain, including three dislocated fingers in 2019… finished his career ranked top-10 in school history in touchdown receptions (19).

WEAKNESSES: Unpolished route runner…upright, vanilla releases and inconsistent vs. press coverage…inexperienced making coverage reads, causing him to be late in his set-up…will have his share of focus drops (eight drops in 2019)…straight-line tendencies due to lower body stiffness…too easily baited into extra contact, leading to obvious push-offs…wasn’t a true YAC threat in college, averaging only 5.3 yards after the catch…suffered two notable injuries in college: tore ligaments in his right shoulder (December 2017) and required surgery; underwent offseason surgery on his right ankle (May 2019) prior to his senior season. SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Notre Dame, Claypool was the “X” receiver in head coach Brian Kelly’s pro style spread scheme, playing every receiver position in the Irish’s offense. The coaches have praised his growth as a person and player (Kelly: “I haven’t had a player that has his kind of consistent competitive drive week-in and week-out and that’s how he practices as well”). Claypool has an easy accelerator for his size and wins with physicality at the catch point, expanding his catch radius. He also makes things happen when covering kicks and punts (25 career tackles in college).

Overall, Claypool’s route running and instincts are a work-in-progress, but he is an impressive height/weight/speed athlete who attacks the football like a power forward and has the special teams background that will expand his NFL role as he continues to mature at the position.

GRADE: 2nd-3rd Round

Edited by Skinsin2013
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm Bullish on 83 cause I love his ceiling,his floor isn't that high though I'd admit.Also seemed to fit right in at Senior bowl didn't look out of place.

74 Scares me cause on a lot of reports I read they talk about stiffness in short route,and He thinks he'll win with size speed which won't cut it in NFL.Also with all that production in SEC only 1 TD in his 3 years came vs a ranked team.

Agreed on 83. As far as 74 goes, it’s not easy to score in the SEC, especially if your talent level isn’t on par with the top 4 to 6 schools in the SEC. I remember people having this same convo about his former QB who was drafted last year and he looked game ready when he got healthy and played the second half of the year.

12 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I agree,but don't believe LT has a high success in the 3rd round can't think of any LT that was 3rd rounder that was good(Could be missing easy ones) any other spot I'd be ok with on the online in the 3rd.

Terron Armstead

Recent as I can think of...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

a lot of good players are still out there that could help

any interest in trading down from our top spot in the 4th to the possible late teens and try to grab a another pick?

I’m always open to trading down, but the value has to be right.

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

6 picks to ours. If no trade down, guys I like for us

Harrison Bryant

Willie Gay Jr.

Albert Okwuegbunam

Terence Steele

Solomon Kindley

Joe Bachie

Calvin Throckmorton

Jacob Phillips

Dalton Keene

That order.

I don’t understand the love affair for Bryant, TE’s who can’t block are killers in the run game but I do know he has tge potential to be a poor man’s Jordan Reed as a receiver. Scouts think Albert O can be like Mark Andrews with some work on his blocking, he alread6 has tge size at 6’5, 258 and Albert O is a red zone threat bc of his size.

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

6 picks to ours. If no trade down, guys I like for us

Harrison Bryant

Willie Gay Jr.

Albert Okwuegbunam

Terence Steele

Solomon Kindley

Joe Bachie

Calvin Throckmorton

Jacob Phillips

Dalton Keene

That order.