Who is the biggest surprise/reach in the 1st round?

Ragnarok

5 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

My bold predictions

-I think Love is going to go top 12. Someone is going to fall in love with him

- Either Lamb or Jeudy falls to the late 20s. Neither of them are high end athletes and that is going to scare teams off.

Know who else isn't a high end athlete?

AB
Hopkins
Michael Thomas
Courtland Sutton
Kenny Golladay
Keenan Allen
Cooper Kupp
Davante Adams

• Like 1

The one that always catches me out isn’t so much the “25th ranked player” who goes top-10 (the Tyson Alualu) or the “3rd round grade” who goes late 1st (Rashad Penny, AJ Jenkins, Travis Frederick, Terrell Edmunds, Deone Buchanan, Marcus Smith etc)

The thing I always lose my **** at us when, every year without fail, a team drafts a guy on the Friday night that none of us have even heard of and the media have a priority free agent. Usually it tends to be a DB for whatever reason (Michael Mitchell, Duran Harmon and Kayvon Webster all spring to mind) 

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Are we going to have like 7 OTs go in the first?

I think 6 is likely and up to 8 is possible.

Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, Becton, Jones are top 20. Austin Jackson, Isaiah Wilson and Ezra Cleveland are possibles.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Know who else isn't a high end athlete?

AB
Hopkins
Michael Thomas
Courtland Sutton
Kenny Golladay
Keenan Allen
Cooper Kupp
Davante Adams

Hey, I’m not arguing with you. I like both Lamb and Jeudy.  You’re kind of proving my point though. Hopkins was the only one of those guys who went r1 and he went 27.

My general take though is, scouts/gms are going to see Lamb and JJ’s measurables and not think as highly on them and I could definitely see a Mims, Higgins, Pittman, or Jefferson jump them. In 3 years if Lamb/Jeudy aren’t balling out, it will be seen as a fireable offense spending a top 15 pick on 6’1” 200 lb 4.5 guys

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Hey, I’m not arguing with you. I like both Lamb and Jeudy.  You’re kind of proving my point though. Hopkins was the only one of those guys who went r1 and he went 27.

My general take though is, scouts/gms are going to see Lamb and JJ’s measurables and not think as highly on them and I could definitely see a Mims, Higgins, Pittman, or Jefferson jump them. In 3 years if Lamb/Jeudy aren’t balling out, it will be seen as a fireable offense spending a top 15 pick on 6’1” 200 lb 4.5 guys

How would Higgins or Pittman jump them? Jeudy did run 4.45, he just didn't jump well. Higgins probably runs a 4.6 like Gandy-Golden. Nevermind, I forgot Higgins had his horrible pro day. No way he goes before Jeudy/Lamb. And Pittman did jack squat to stand out at the senior bowl.

Even if Mims goes top 15, that doesn't mean Jeudy or Lamb necessarily have to fall. A lot of teams picking between 11 and 21 could use a WR.

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How would Higgins or Pittman jump them? Jeudy did run 4.45, he just didn't jump well. Higgins probably runs a 4.6 like Gandy-Golden. Nevermind, I forgot Higgins had his horrible pro day. No way he goes before Jeudy/Lamb. And Pittman did jack squat to stand out at the senior bowl.

Even if Mims goes top 15, that doesn't mean Jeudy or Lamb necessarily have to fall. A lot of teams picking between 11 and 21 could use a WR.

Pittman is 3 inches taller, ran in the same 40, and is a plus deep ball tracker. Higgins is in the same stratosphere.

I’m not saying I don’t like Jeudy or a Lamb but guys fall all the time and I see gms having a concern over burning a top 15-20 pick on non premium athletes. Just using the last 2 years;

2019- AJ Brown first buzz- went 51

2018- Calvin Ridley had top 15 buzz -(really a good comp) went 26

For every nice route runner that dominated college there is a Peter Warrick or L Treadwell.

8 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Pittman is 3 inches taller, ran in the same 40, and is a plus deep ball tracker. Higgins is in the same stratosphere.

I’m not saying I don’t like Jeudy or a Lamb but guys fall all the time and I see gms having a concern over burning a top 15-20 pick on non premium athletes. Just using the last 2 years;

2019- AJ Brown first buzz- went 51

2018- Calvin Ridley had top 15 buzz -(really a good comp) went 26

For every nice route runner that dominated college there is a Peter Warrick or L Treadwell.

Higgins had a 1.66 10 yard split, jumped even worse than Jeudy and Lamb, and had a bad shuttle. He also refused to compete at the combine because he needed rest. He's not in the same stratosphere. Tee Higgins is a #2 WR in the NFL, at best. Pittman had good timed #'s, but didn't actually look good in the drills, the same way he didn't look good at the Senior Bowl. He also is not in the same stratosphere as Jeudy or Lamb.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Higgins had a 1.66 10 yard split, jumped even worse than Jeudy and Lamb, and had a bad shuttle. He also refused to compete at the combine because he needed rest. He's not in the same stratosphere. Tee Higgins is a #2 WR in the NFL, at best. Pittman had good timed #'s, but didn't actually look good in the drills, the same way he didn't look good at the Senior Bowl. He also is not in the same stratosphere as Jeudy or Lamb.

Higgins is also 3 inches taller than both. Not saying I’d take Higgins over them but it matters.

I think you’ve missed my point. I’m not saying a team will pick one of the wrs that I named above Lamb/Jeudy, I said I wouldn’t be surprised though if it happens. Every year on draft day after R1 everyone is shocked because the draft doesn’t go the same way as the group thought of the internet. Jeudy/Lamb are not blue chip athletes and that matters to a lot of front offices. Jeudy in particular I don’t see a top 10 potential wr in. I see a nice wr that gets open like D Driver. He  isn’t making high end contested catches or taking the top off of Ds though which is something you’d like in a top 20 pick.