FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

No hurry I’m on the fence myself.  It’s a a little more than I’d like to give up and we could regret it.  I just think it’s worth the chance at this point.  

I’d make the deal and keep my i on the board tomorrow.  If one of 62, 84, 88 or 13’s teammate is in range at 85 we’d be gold.  I’d be willing to move up some again to secure that draft.  These 3 plus 1 of that group would be an excellent draft

Edited by BigC421/

(Pick #49.) Entering the draft, it was imperative that the Lions address the future of the WR position: Golladay is due a hefty raise, while Marvin Jones Jr. and Danny Amendola aren't signed past 2020. Providing Stafford enough weapons to succeed is imperative, hence the recent picks at TE and cap space devoted to the offensive line. Enter: Brandon Aiyuk. We felt that now was the time to make a move for a playmaker such as him, and are hoping he can learn enough from Jones Jr. and Amendola before he becomes one of the top targets during his second season. Although losing both 4th round picks hurt, we still have a mid-3rd round pick to play with.

Lions fans: welcome your newest weapon! (The pictures are only going to get worse from here...)

D-0047 BRANDON AIYUK WR ARIZONA STATE

Aiyuk-Lions-Pick.jpg

Gentlemen.

If you're just returning to the Front Office after a riveting day in the real world, I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news: we got to pick!

Bad news: we had to give picks to make it.

Believe me when I tell you: I didn't want to do this. Sort of. I sort of didn't want to do this. I know some aren't as high on needing a WR as others, and I'm pretty sure you guys know how badly I want one of the quality WRs from this class.

The vote was one 'yea' and one 'nay' while the pick was on the clock, and a decision had to be made. We still have pick #85 available, as well as a 5th, 6th and 7th, and have added some premium talent from this class to the roster.

Feedback is appreciated.

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Gentlemen.

If you're just returning to the Front Office after a riveting day in the real world, I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news: we got to pick!

Bad news: we had to give picks to make it.

Believe me when I tell you: I didn't want to do this. Sort of. I sort of didn't want to do this. I know some aren't as high on needing a WR as others, and I'm pretty sure you guys know how badly I want one of the quality WRs from this class.

The vote was one 'yea' and one 'nay' while the pick was on the clock, and a decision had to be made. We still have pick #85 available, as well as a 5th, 6th and 7th, and have added some premium talent from this class to the roster.

Feedback is appreciated.

I’m good with the move. Got 3 talented players that are ready to start at position of need. 85 is a good spot to get a player at 13s position. There really isn’t much else that needs to be addressed in the draft. Your taking flyers on unproven guys in the later rounds anyways.

If we can work our trade down with Miami that would be great to get taco. 

Pretty impressive haul imo.  We still have plenty of darts to throw at the oline problem not to mention cap space.  Let’s also not forget we added a 3rd rd pick next year on top off this haul.  For reference sake Kinlaw was on some people in our war rooms short list at 6 if Okudah didn’t make so we were all pretty happy the way things played out.  

Short of taking Tua and finding a great return for Stafford I couldn’t have expected this to go much better

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

What about trading #198 straight up for Mr. Tacos?

Pick #85 (165) - 13's position
Pick #149 (30.6) - 36's position
Pick #185 (16.2) - BPA/ST
Pick #198 (11) - Mr. Tacos
Pick #236 (1) - BPA

Id be all for it. I suggested the 6th to mountainpd a couple pages ago for taco. Maybe hold off ST till the 7th? That’s my only thing.