FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I guess I'm more comfortable with our backups for position F.  Kindley helped that position too indirectly.  I'd go K then H.  Giants pick goes thru, I'd nab 201.

While I get that logic, I will say that all are FA... one might retire since he is older and doesn't need to play, and the other two have done nothing to prove they are NFL starters.  That assumes we move the one guy, although he has shown he can play, he is also a FA.  So, of the 4 available bodies to play those two spots, all are FA after the season, and two of those 4 are totally unproven.  113 or 110 could 'redshirt' a year and develop and take over for the guy that might retire, or at least be in the mix.

Sorry... I am just not a fan of 201.  I know he fits our system, and he is better than our last year's pick, but his injury history and one year production scare me.  I mean, I wouldn't be mad, but I am just not sure what he is actually going to do in the league.  It is good value for him... but I would almost rather take 10 or 17 at 183 and flip someone from that spot on the roster for an extra pick... 

5 minutes ago, kurgan said:

While I get that logic, I will say that all are FA... one might retire since he is older and doesn't need to play, and the other two have done nothing to prove they are NFL starters.  That assumes we move the one guy, although he has shown he can play, he is also a FA.  So, of the 4 available bodies to play those two spots, all are FA after the season, and two of those 4 are totally unproven.  113 or 110 could 'redshirt' a year and develop and take over for the guy that might retire, or at least be in the mix.

Sorry... I am just not a fan of 201.  I know he fits our system, and he is better than our last year's pick, but his injury history and one year production scare me.  I mean, I wouldn't be mad, but I am just not sure what he is actually going to do in the league.  It is good value for him... but I would almost rather take 10 or 17 at 183 and flip someone from that spot on the roster for an extra pick... 

The drafted backup is a FA in 2022.  I wouldn't argue much if F is taken instead of 201.  Mainly because there are already so many bodies at that position.  But I really like 201 for us.  Certainly K before F and tho an UDFA H will prolly be there, I'm still leaning towards H over F.

9 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

do we still have a trade on the table to get pick 150? i think it was moving hilton and a 7th for pick 150ish and a 6th? if 29 is still there at that pick i think that is the move

They are waiting till they are OTC or close.

As much as I like 29(or 67) I would take 113 here, if we get the pick.

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

The drafted backup is a FA in 2022.  I wouldn't argue much if F is taken instead of 201.  Mainly because there are already so many bodies at that position.  But I really like 201 for us.  Certainly K before F and tho an UDFA H will prolly be there, I'm still leaning towards H over F.

Good to know... he is still unproven, although I am hopeful and he played well in the two games he had to last year.

Gun to my head, I would take H over F here, BUT... there are only two F's I like and both are certain to go sooon, IMO.  I think that one of the H's I like will still be around at 183.  We need both slots, I think, so I hope we make the Hilton deal.

1 minute ago, kurgan said:

They are waiting till they are OTC or close.

As much as I like 29(or 67) I would take 113 here, if we get the pick.

Good to know... he is still unproven, although I am hopeful and he played well in the two games he had to last year.

Gun to my head, I would take H over F here, BUT... there are only two F's I like and both are certain to go sooon, IMO.  I think that one of the H's I like will still be around at 183.  We need both slots, I think, so I hope we make the Hilton deal.

That will be a big help. 

50 is a legit top 100 prospect

And if the trade, I feel like he has to have consideration

Only 3 under contract next year, need bodies there way more then at the 60- or 200s

Especially at that value

Edited by Cbrunn

11 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

50 is a legit top 100 prospect

And if the trade, I feel like he has to have consideration

Only 3 under contract next year, need bodies there way more then at the 60- or 200s

Especially at that value

While I agree L's are needed, we have 3 K's on the roster and start 2.  

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

and how will you feel if he does not win the RT job ( when Feiler moves to LG)?

Feiler stays at RT.  Kindley at LG.  Personally, I would expect the current player to be better prepared to take over then a late Rd Rookie from this Class.

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Feiler stays at RT.  Kindley at LG.  Personally, I would expect the current player to be better prepared to take over then a late Rd Rookie from this Class.

It's a leap to expect Kindley to start at LG week 1. My week 1 vision is 

Villy - Wis - Pouncey - Decastro - Feiler

Chuks - Kindley - Wis - Kindley/Gray - Banner

That leaves us a lot of flexibility. If Pouncey gets hurt, you could slide Wis over to C, Feiler to LG and Banner at RT. Or just slide Wis inside and inset Kindley at LG.