2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No Rg3 hasn't shown anything since 2012 Bortles has played ok his whole career. Apples and oranges.

Keenum to Bortles is apples to oranges. 

You also completely attempted to lower the significance of Bortles currently having the number one rush offense in the league. That is the reason for the Jaguars success and their defense. Bortles won't have that same level of run game here. 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

This is really reaching. First of all Keenum was brought in as a back up at 2 million not a 8-10 million dollar player like you said we should sign Bortles for. Second of all let's just throw a journeyman QB's name out there who is having success this season to make our argument. Two completely different players. 

Heck if we could get him for cheaper even better. I think hes shown more than Bridgewater and people love him  he came out same year.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Keenum to Bortles is apples to oranges. 

You also completely attempted to lower the significance of Bortles currently having the number one rush offense in the league. That is the reason for the Jaguars success and their defense. Bortles won't have that same level of run game here. 

If we draft nelson and get a decent rb we would.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

If we draft nelson and get a decent rb we would.

You can't assume that. You don't know that. If you want to play in the realm of ifs and buts I'll stay in reality. You can venture down the rabbit hole. Just don't spill the tea on yourself. Good day to you. Last time the top rushing attack in the league was a half decent run game... things to fit our narrative smh.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You can't assume that. You don't know that. If you want to play in the realm of ifs and buts I'll stay in reality. You can venture down the rabbit hole. Just don't spill the tea on yourself. Good day to you. Last time the top rushing attack in the league was a half decent run game... things to fit our narrative smh.

Oh and your reality Baker Mayfield is going to come in here and be our savior. You can't assume that. We really can't assume anything until it happens. So whats the point if this message board?

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh and your reality Baker Mayfield is going to come in here and be our savior. You can't assume that. We really can't assume anything until it happens. So whats the point if this message board?

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I'm sure I never said he would be our savior. All I was talking about is where I have him ranked. You made a definitive statement that said Nelson and a decent (not great) RB we would have the top running game in the league. It's one thing to speculate but to declare it okay. That's your perogrative. I won't take that away from you. 

14 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

To be fair I've probably made declarative statements too. Never that Mayfield would be our savior. But I shouldn't jump on you for it. My apologies. 

Bortles is too inconsistent to invest money in. And he is a game manager, he put up gaudy stats two years ago, but he is still a game manager that plays off the run, not the other way around. I don't think he should be anywhere near our list. Again, if we go stopgap, I take Eli with ease. Should be somewhat cheap, connection with Peyton who got along very well with the FO and therefore may prefer to come here, and most of all wont require much long term investment.

The last game should show many that this team still has tons of defensive talent. Get a QB like Eli here with an improved OL and we can win the division. I am so hesitant to draft any QB outside the top 2 and rely on him in 2018. This team is still too talented to deal with rookie growing pains IMO. It would be a 3rd year of wasted defensive dominance. If we blow the defense up, then I am a lot more open to drafting a second tier QB and rolling with the bumps and bruises. As it stands, its hard for me to not prefer a trade down, take OL, then trade back up into R1 for BPA on defense (ILB?), or a true playmaker (RB, TE, WR).

Then again, my preferences change by the day. Its just hard to not think going Eli w/ FA $$$ then a OT like Connor Williams and OG like Will Hernandez isn't a quicker fix than rolling the die on another non-elite level QB.

25 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Bortles is too inconsistent to invest money in. And he is a game manager, he put up gaudy stats two years ago, but he is still a game manager that plays off the run, not the other way around. I don't think he should be anywhere near our list. Again, if we go stopgap, I take Eli with ease. Should be somewhat cheap, connection with Peyton who got along very well with the FO and therefore may prefer to come here, and most of all wont require much long term investment.

The last game should show many that this team still has tons of defensive talent. Get a QB like Eli here with an improved OL and we can win the division. I am so hesitant to draft any QB outside the top 2 and rely on him in 2018. This team is still too talented to deal with rookie growing pains IMO. It would be a 3rd year of wasted defensive dominance. If we blow the defense up, then I am a lot more open to drafting a second tier QB and rolling with the bumps and bruises. As it stands, its hard for me to not prefer a trade down, take OL, then trade back up into R1 for BPA on defense (ILB?), or a true playmaker (RB, TE, WR).

Then again, my preferences change by the day. Its just hard to not think going Eli w/ FA $$$ then a OT like Connor Williams and OG like Will Hernandez isn't a quicker fix than rolling the die on another non-elite level QB.

I could support this....very good idea.  Ge the Manning family involved in the Denver Broncos' organization, who may have the cash, along with Elway's money to purchase the Broncos and get it out of the hands of that Bowlen Family Trust so they can start spending money again.  

Plus, I agree...Eli can manage a game just as well as Bortles and he won two Super Bowls based off a solid running game, supported by great defensive play.  If they land Eli, it frees up beefing up the offensive line, and perhaps using the first overall to land Barkley to create that running game that Eli would need.  

Plus, having Eli around allows the Broncos to keep Paxton another year to see IF he can develop into a starting QB???

Plus, having Eli around allows the Broncos to keep Paxton another year to see IF he can develop into a starting QB???

Meh, I have zero faith that Paxton develops. In fact I likely would simply cut him. Kelly is a true unknown but has pretty nice potential and Trevor should be the next Kubiak, another mild mannered, good locker room, long term backup QB. Lynch just doesn't seem to fit anywhere IMO.

Archived