2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Josh Allen is another 'looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane' type prospect and I seriously hope Elway doesn't make it a hat trick of drafting QB's that fit that mold.

No Josh Rosen? He has better footwork and mechanics than Darnold by a good margin. Not as mobile but one hell of a passer. He is neck-and-neck with Darnold to me, and gun to my head I lean Rosen. Guys with his type of compact release and feel for the game at his age rarely fail.

Maybe you are right.  Darnold seems to have more grit to me...when the game is on the line...I think you need that.  But, maybe Rosen's play allows the Broncos to simply dominate games where the game ins't on the line. 

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think it all depends on how well he does at the combine.  I get that he played at Wyoming in a rather competitive conference and didn't do a whole lot...and I have heard the excuse why.  But, I think if he can perform at the combine, I am okay with the pick at 5.  

Also...I really hope that Elway leans on Kubiak this year in evaluating QBs.  

Name me one guy that had a terrible last year in college, had an amazing combine, and then became a franchise qb? That went first round?

40 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Josh Allen is another 'looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane' type prospect and I seriously hope Elway doesn't make it a hat trick of drafting QB's that fit that mold.

No Josh Rosen? He has better footwork and mechanics than Darnold by a good margin. Not as mobile but one hell of a passer. He is neck-and-neck with Darnold to me, and gun to my head I lean Rosen. Guys with his type of compact release and feel for the game at his age rarely fail.

Does Rosen remind you of Peyton Manning the prospect at all?

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I agree with you on Allen. I am not a fan at all. I've been on the Rosen wagon since the beginning of the year and nothing I have seen makes me change my mind.

Right now I'd probably rank my QB interest for this team as Rosen, Darnold, Baker, Rudolph, Jackson then Allen and everyone else. lol

5 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I agree with you on Allen. I am not a fan at all. I've been on the Rosen wagon since the beginning of the year and nothing I have seen makes me change my mind.

Right now I'd probably rank my QB interest for this team as Rosen, Darnold, Baker, Rudolph, Jackson then Allen and everyone else. lol

I like Benkert 100xs better than Allen

3 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Ummm...no

Rosen looks very smooth and refined if his team was better he'd  be coveted and hyped up so much more. I'm not saying he's  gonna be peyton I'm saying as a prospect he's very  fundamentally sound.  I just worry about injuries  with him.

Does Rosen remind you of Peyton Manning the prospect at all?

If you are hoping to come out of this draft with a Peyton you are setting yourself up to fail. Luck and Peyton were once in 15-20 year type prospects. Rosen is closer to Eli as a prospect, who may be his best comparison actually. And if we come out of this draft with an Eli caliber signal caller, we are extremely lucky. You cant set the bar absurdly high.

I would put the comparisons:

Josh Rosen - Eli Manning

Sam Darnold - Andrew Luck w/ less athleticism

Lamar Jackson - Early Mike Vick (IE: Not the one year in Philly where he figured out how to pass from the pocket)

Baker Mayfield - Somewhere between Russ Wilson and Johnny Manziel

20 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

If you are hoping to come out of this draft with a Peyton you are setting yourself up to fail. Luck and Peyton were once in 15-20 year type prospects. Rosen is closer to Eli as a prospect, who may be his best comparison actually. And if we come out of this draft with an Eli caliber signal caller, we are extremely lucky. You cant set the bar absurdly high.

I would put the comparisons:

Josh Rosen - Eli Manning

Sam Darnold - Andrew Luck w/ less athleticism

Lamar Jackson - Early Mike Vick (IE: Not the one year in Philly where he figured out how to pass from the pocket)

Baker Mayfield - Somewhere between Russ Wilson and Johnny Manziel

Thats fair Eli makes sense I think people think what they were as prospects means pro comparisons. I'm not saying or trying to say that. I view that as independent. 

41 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Rosen looks very smooth and refined if his team was better he'd  be coveted and hyped up so much more. I'm not saying he's  gonna be peyton I'm saying as a prospect he's very  fundamentally sound.  I just worry about injuries  with him.

I like smooth...like vaginas.  Those are cool. 

Archived