2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

27 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

The one thing that is going to affect the top of the draft more than anything is Cousins IMO.  I really haven't heard/read anything that mentions what his intentions are.  I personally think he stays in Washington.  IF, and its a big if, Hue is still in Cleveland and wanting to win to keep his job Cousins could be in play which would shake the whole top of the draft up.

Anyone have any insights into Kirk's thought process and Washington's going into this next offseason?

I thought Cousins has a lot of issues with the Redskins management and is basically refusing to sign with them?

I doubt he’s going to be a brown. No one would choose to sign for the Browns on the open mark. I really feel like his most likely locations are Arizona, Buffalo or here in Denver. Don’t rule out the Giants though if they love Saquon Barkey and would rather not take a QB early, because he might want to sign for an NFC East rival and stick it to the Redskins. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

We aren't getting Rosen or Darnold. Browns and Giants end up with 1 and 2 and aren't moving away from QB. We should set our hopes and sights in my opinion on the 8 following players:

Saquon Barkley: Elite talent at a position where we have already passable players. Could transform an offense.

Bradley Chubb: Best pass rusher in the draft all around defender against the run and pass. Where does he play in a 3-4 though? And what would that say about Demarcus Walker? (Shouldn't stop us cus BPA is BPA)

Quenton Nelson: Another elite talent at a high position of need but what some could argue could be filled later in the draft. Although that player likely wouldn't be this good. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick: All around DB, Talib's days are numbered and Denver needs to stay three CB strong. Could also play in the box and cover those TE's and RB's we have been struggling against. 

Connor Williams: Coming off injury but has shown he has regained form. Arguably the top LT in the draft (some may like Orlando Brown more). Fills a position of need at RT or LT and we can be set for a long time with he and Bolles.

Baker Mayfield: There would be a lot of criticism taking him this early but if he is your guy you go get him. Good arm, accuracy, passionate leader. All the tools to succeed. Would be breaking the mold of a QB top ten due to size. 

Lamar Jackson: Has improved as a passer and is dynamite as a runner. Does he have the ability to keep progressing and translate to the pro game? Deshaun Watson comps says yes, RG3 comps say no. 

Roquan Smith: Super talented all around linebacker and a stand up leader at a position many will say Elway doesn't value as much as most (although rumors were he was targeting Shazier and Mosley in that draft). Would fill a position of need for years however.

I'd love to double up on OT's.

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I thought Cousins has a lot of issues with the Redskins management and is basically refusing to sign with them?

I doubt he’s going to be a brown. No one would choose to sign for the Browns on the open mark. I really feel like his most likely locations are Arizona, Buffalo or here in Denver. Don’t rule out the Giants though if they love Saquon Barkey and would rather not take a QB early, because he might want to sign for an NFC East rival and stick it to the Redskins. 

Remember CLE tried to trade for Cousins predraft last year (offered 1.12 and 2.1 as per Mike Silver).  WAS can apply the transition tag and hold his rights for 28m (exclusive franchise tag is 34m).  So Cousins might not have a choice yet.  

Given WAS can still control his rights this year with the transition tag I don’t see how WAS doesn’t at least get max trade value from him if they can’t sign him (or for whatever crazy reason they don’t want to commit to him long term). Cousins clearly doesn’t want to commit to them after getting tagged 2x.  Doesn’t mean CLE will be the buyer but it doesn’t look yet like a FA going on the open market yet.  

I think not getting a top 2 pick  may be for the best honesty.  Because I'm a strong believer Darnold is going to Clevland.  Jackson has ties to USC Darnold is the best one to come out since Palmer it literally fits like a glove.

Rosen who I love is game and all that does he love football, do his teammates like him is garbage. I do hear a lot about injury questions. And that scares me more than anything with a top pick. So it honestly could be a blessing.

Baker, honestly would need to have a bad game in the playoffs to get drafted where I'm comfortable drafting him. Lets be honest many of us love Baker including me but I don't top 10 pick love him. That's where he will catapult himself if he lights up the playoffs.

31 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think not getting a top 2 pick  may be for the best honesty.  Because I'm a strong believer Darnold is going to Clevland.  Jackson has ties to USC Darnold is the best one to come out since Palmer it literally fits like a glove.

Rosen who I love is game and all that does he love football, do his teammates like him is garbage. I do hear a lot about injury questions. And that scares me more than anything with a top pick. So it honestly could be a blessing.

Baker, honestly would need to have a bad game in the playoffs to get drafted where I'm comfortable drafting him. Lets be honest many of us love Baker including me but I don't top 10 pick love him. That's where he will catapult himself if he lights up the playoffs.

I'm top pick love Baker

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I'm top pick love Baker

Gun to my head I say no to top 10 pick. I mean he has a lot of questions. Height is a concern, hand size a concern, inability to maintain poise and composer in key moments is a concern. Those are three red flags. 

They aren't the worst I've seen but I'd like a top 10 pick to be cleaner. I'd be comfortable trading back into the 20s in the first from the 2nd round to get him. My dream scenario. Trade down from 3 wed get three if we lose out I believe. Get Nelson with the 8th to the 13th pick. Than trade the second and extra pick or 2 to move back into round 1 to take him.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

If the Jaguars get rid of Blake Bortles he'd honestly be at the top of my free agent qb list. He's young and I really don't think he's as bad as advertised. Really think you could get starting quality type play from him.

ANNND, this is why it is good that you are not the Broncos GM.  Bortles is awful...I'd rather stick with Siemien. 

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

ANNND, this is why it is good that you are not the Broncos GM.  Bortles is awful...I'd rather stick with Siemien. 

Oh stop, Siemian got figured out in less than 2 years of game film by decent defenses. Bortles is having success with a half decent ground game and worse pass blocking oline. Guy was a top  3 pick and survived jacksonville for 5 years. 8 to 10 mill for him is probably the best free agent choice if we go free agency.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh stop, Siemian got figured out in less than 2 years of game film by decent defenses. Bortles is having success with a half decent ground game and worse pass blocking oline. Guy was a top  3 pick and survived jacksonville for 5 years. 8 to 10 mill for him is probably the best free agent choice if we go free agency.

I don't know about Siemian over him but I don't want Bortles

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm sure Vikings fans didn't want Keenum.

This is really reaching. First of all Keenum was brought in as a back up at 2 million not a 8-10 million dollar player like you said we should sign Bortles for. Second of all let's just throw a journeyman QB's name out there who is having success this season to make our argument. Two completely different players. 

Archived