Draft Busts

HeydudemanG

4 hours ago, VanS said:

No.  I always said he had a dependancy issue when it came to weed.  I only defended his character from those trying to say he was a bad person.  To me he was no different than Josh Gordon.  Hopefully he can overcome his demons and play again in the NFL.

No you said you looked into his eyes and could see he was a changed man. And he was also your number 1 receiver in that class. 

No you said you looked into his eyes and could see he was a changed man. And he was also your number 1 receiver in that class. 

Its simple really, the rest of his body hasnnt caught up to his eyes. Give him more time, like Dobbs. 

VanS wont accept either as a bust until they are 6 feet deep, until then they just need another chance. 

• Like 1

BUSTS

QB - Justin Herbert, Oregon

RB - Zack Moss, Utah

WR - Henry Ruggs, Alabama & Denzel Mims, Baylor

TE - Cole Kmet, Notre Dame

OT - Austin Jackson, USC

IOL - Ben Bredeson, Michigan

Edge - K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU

LB - Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma

CB - Trevon Diggs, Alabama

S  - Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

I have a very hard time seeing Ruggs become a true bust, I cant really see a world where he is a worse player than Will Fuller. Maybe he doesnt live up to a WR1, which is what you want when using a top 16 pick on a WR (And he wont IMO), but he wont wash out and should be a quality deep threat / YAC guy regardless. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I have a very hard time seeing Ruggs become a true bust, I cant really see a world where he is a worse player than Will Fuller. Maybe he doesnt live up to a WR1, which is what you want when using a top 16 pick on a WR (And he wont IMO), but he wont wash out and should be a quality deep threat / YAC guy regardless. 

Agreed 100%

6 hours ago, VanS said:

I've repeatedly said I don't agree with Chris Simms most of the time.  I simply respect the fact he thinks for himself and doesn't just go along with what everyone says all the time.

Yeah but “he’s got the best track of anybody in the media” and “nobody in the media has been better at projecting players”. So if he says Young is special, he must be special.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah but “he’s got the best track of anybody in the media” and “nobody in the media has been better at projecting players”. So if he says Young is special, he must be special.

Yeah doesn’t really help his argument here. VanS is Skip Bayless hedging bets.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you know why?

I believe the main issue he has with Jeudy is the lack of elite physical tools, but honestly, I haven't been following his takes on the receiver class all that much. 

He's not wrong about the lack so "elite" physical traits, though I think Jeudy profiles similar to Stefon Diggs, from both a physical standpoint and the route runner standpoint, so while he may not have the physical upside to be an elite #1 like Julio / Megatron, Diggs is a top what, 15 wide receiver? 20? I think that's plenty enough potential. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I believe the main issue he has with Jeudy is the lack of elite physical tools, but honestly, I haven't been following his takes on the receiver class all that much. 

He's not wrong about the lack so "elite" physical traits, though I think Jeudy profiles similar to Stefon Diggs, from both a physical standpoint and the route runner standpoint, so while he may not have the physical upside to be an elite #1 like Julio / Megatron, Diggs is a top what, 15 wide receiver? 20? I think that's plenty enough potential. 

He doesn’t like Ruggs either who has elite physical tools. Maybe not height and body weight? Antonio Callaway was 5’11 too. But Ruggs has a 40 inch vert and over 10 inch hands. 

11 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

BUSTS

QB - Justin Herbert, Oregon

RB - Zack Moss, Utah

WR - Henry Ruggs, Alabama & Denzel Mims, Baylor

TE - Cole Kmet, Notre Dame

OT - Austin Jackson, USC

IOL - Ben Bredeson, Michigan

Edge - K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU

LB - Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma

CB - Trevon Diggs, Alabama

S  - Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

Zack Moss? What?

On 4/17/2020 at 8:07 AM, jrry32 said:

Even if it ends up having #1 WRs, you'll deny it.

Nope.  I thought Courtland Sutton was a bust before the 2018 draft.  Now I think he's on his way to being the best WR in the NFL.  If I'm wrong I will admit it.

You just want me to admit I'm wrong on your terms.  Sorry buddy but I will always favor the eye test over box scores. 

21 hours ago, Counselor said:

No.  I said he was a good kid and not some criminal or bad guy that some were making him out to be.  Maybe its just me but I don't think of addicts as "bad" people.  If the folks who were calling him a bad guy were simply referring to his dependancy on weed then they should have made that more clear.  But I do clearly remember the credit card incident and his alleged sexual assault case being used by some on here to make him into a bad person.

I will still defend Antonio Callaway as a good kid and elite talent.  But unfortunately he seems to be on the path to throwing it all away like Josh Gordon because of his addiction.