Houston Texans Coronavirus Mafia (Mafia Wins!)

mission27

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

You guys are driving me bonkers. And now I guess I'm getting lynched.

I was just going off of rule 6 of the OP when I claimed. But I'm not experienced in this sort of thing, and there are definite undercurrents going on between several of you, so... I'll just be quiet, I guess?

In all seriousness, don’t claim until you absolutely have to/are going to be lynched and then claim an hour before the deadline. No point in claiming early unless there’s a very specific reason and direction, which for most new players there isn’t.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Wait wait wait. So we're NOT supposed to claim?

Also, the lingo that you guys are using has me so lost. This is my first mafia lol.

You should never claim as town unless you are close to being lynched or have info that points directly to someone being scum/mafia, or if someone claims the character/role that you have. If you are town, most games everyone in the game isnt given something that appears town like a Texans player, so claiming early and for no reason would give scum/mafia a better idea on who were the power roles,  so they can kill them earlier and avoid detection 

Mwil is intentionally being annoying/antitown on purpose. Probably because he is scum or still mad due to the last several games. He was scum and I caught him early each time based on how he posted in the thread. Last game I had no move and faked an invest on him and 4 other people to get them lynched. I was right on all 5 "fake" invests (though the correctness of one was in a gray area).  He has a big time vendetta against me and Pickle and I'm really not sure why, other than it stemming from that and the previous games. Dont listen to him is my advice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It's weird, because as a history person, this is Hitler's BDay and the anniversary of Columbine.

Isn’t tomorrow Hitlers b-day Mr. History?

edit: nevermind, tomorrow is my sisters b-day

legit get those confused all the time 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its gets both very srs and heated. Hence why it got shut down (and moved here). We got to the point where we couldnt go 5 post before someone would call someone else a dumb freaking moron who cant read. 

Good thing I don’t take insults online very seriously. I got grilled last time as mafia haha. Town loved letting me hear they found my ploys.

Pretty sure I was offended at one point in my last game. It’s not enough to bust you we have to call ourselves great and reiterate how poor a player is.... which is a delicate balance to stay under control with as more material comes into the thread.

55 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

20 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Do you think he’s doing it as scum?

I'm in between

Part of me thinks he is finally civ and has the freedom to play reckless and gauge reactions 

Part of me thinks him claiming Jernigan this early is an attempt to appear town to many people, especially because there are new people, people who havent played in a while and people who never read the OP (so they didn't see the part about everyone basically getting a Texans player)

Then you come to the "fake" invest

As town I could see him trying that, but it is inherently anti town and scum sided if (and in this case) it's wrong. Now as scum for him to do it makes sense. He can always fall back to, "yeah I just wanted to lynch him" as a cop out. Kind of has the feel of him being the bat. 

Then we come to the previous games. It just doesnt have that feel early. 

I'm going to lean not scum at the moment. Maybe for the sake of giving him a day either way, but I think there are some more obvious options and a lot of inactives 

4 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I need to vote before bed right?

Yes

Who are the obvious options? I would think MWil falls into that category but it doesn’t seem you’re there yet. Agree about the inactive players. I haven’t been keeping track but it doesn’t seem like everyone has even checked in yet

Right now MWil & bcb probably my top two.

MWil I would Lynch just to get rid of the confusion. I don’t see how muddying the waters with the fake invest and pushing role claims is helpful 

bcb for dropping a vote on a first timer for reasons unrelated to the game then peace’ing out themselves