2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

6 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

Do you go Jefferson when you've got the slot locked down with Thielen, though?  Thielen can play outside too but Jefferson from what I've read can't.

Jefferson's closest comp is Keenan Allen.   Who can win both inside & out.   I have zero problem there.   

Just now, AKRNA said:

So, my reluctance with Jeudy has been real simple. Almost everything I've read about him lists his hands as his biggest weakness. To me thats like a QB with bad accuracy or an OG who lacks physicality.

His drop rate went up, but it wasn't an issue with hands - he's a hand catcher, and makes great catches.    The film shows his issues are usually simple concentration / looking up / etc.   

Keep in mind 'Bama receivers played rock/paper/scissors to see who was the primary deep target on plays this past year (true story - https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/09/alabama-rock-paper-scissors-football-receivers-deep-route-video).   

I really have ZERO concerns on Jeudy's hands.   He was the #1 WR after last year going into this year - and elite freshman (RS) production, on the big stage.  

It's seriously the biggest slam-dunk value pick we've had since getting Von at 1.3 as the clear #2 guy (hindsight is easier, but elite EDGE's are just that, game-changers).

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

With the addition of LB Murray, that LAC defense is looking DANGEROUS

He's actually more protected in LAC's D, which he will need.  He's got great range and talent - but his coverage / recognition need a ton of work.  Great pass rusher, though and high motor.

The problem is that those flaws are what caused Jaylon Smith (injury too obv) and Jarrad Davis to fail to fulfill on their first round talent skill set.    But at least that LAC team will leave him with fewer responsibilities than other teams would.

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, my reluctance with Jeudy has been real simple. Almost everything I've read about him lists his hands as his biggest weakness. To me thats like a QB with bad accuracy or an OG who lacks physicality.

I would argue that's his biggest weakness only because he's an exceptional route runner. His hands aren't nearly as bad as they're made out to be, IMO,

Think I need to eat a little crow and follow up with an apology to Broncofan2010, he stated WR  Brandon Aiyuk would be a 1st round pick, I scoffed. Anyone know a good recipe for crow ???

Nice call 2010 !!

Edited by Cutler06

So I was on a zoom for my non-profit during the first half of the round and then we had to give the kiddo a bath so I haven’t had a chance to chime in but, suffice to say, I really like the pick. Never thought Jeudy would make it to us without a trade up. Elway surprised me in taking an Alabama player. Good pick with the top OTs off the board. Great work by Elway & Co. 

• Like 1