11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Bobby816

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He for sure said it was his 1st time ever. Why I throw the “might have” in there is bc I find it incredibly unlikely the 1st time he ever tried anything marijuana related was in the days leading up to interview of his lifetime. Completely unlikely? No. That’s why I say “might have.” 

I doubt it was the first time he ever smoked weed too. But I don’t care. Apparently our highly regarded new GM doesn’t either. Or he’s easily duped. 

the fact of the matter is JD knows more about the situation and player than we do. And he still made the pick. 

Just seems trivial to worry about at this point 

• Like 3

Listening to JD, Becton was one of the guys the organization really wanted. Rex Hogan also seems high on Becton. I doubt he wanted all 4 OT. He looked calm making that pick. No other GM was as happy except Jerry Jones. He was hunging his daughters as soon as the Browns made the Wills pick. Haha. 

Edge, WR, CB and iOL next please. 

Edited by SDotNova

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

That's interesting - do you have any numbers handy? This is definitely a common theme

It’s definitely a trait we value highly.

Seems like we first look for guys that don’t get penalized. Then we cut out the non athletes. If we can get a people mover, that’s just a bonus. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And you don’t think that’s a “risk” ?!?!

To draft a guy that failed a drug test at his biggest interview ever and “might have” lied to our GM about that being his 1st time ever?

Please stop pretending you know what he told our GM.  He very well could have told him the truth that he smokes and he thought he was clear for the test.  Probably over half the league smokes and then quits when the tests come it's a joke.

JD vetted him thoroughly.  Trust your GM.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

0 times in 33 games, or 1 false start are the only stats I’ve found 

definitely what JD looks for 

Good stat.  He's a Mauler in the run game and only had one holding call too.  I saw that posted somewhere.

• Like 2

I think speculating on players’ makeup and off-field activities (especially when said player is a 21-year-old) when presumably not a single person here has had any direct (or even second degree) contact with said player is a bit foolish. Makeup can be quite hard to evaluate and it’s at best blindly throwing darts when you’re judging off headlines, interviews, and pure speculation. 

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

That's an unexpected good trait that I did not know previously

Yup. So, he’s already an above average run blocker. He’s disciplined in terms of penalties. The one hurdle he needs to jump is his pass blocking technique. The skill set and athleticism is there though. 

Edited by SDotNova