1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Or he's a talented QB who forced the issue.  Calling him a DeShone Kizer-caliber prospect is an awful, awful take.

It's only a bad take because Kizer sucked in the NFL.  If Kizer developed into a quality starter I  guarantee you wouldn't be calling it a bad take.  I'm sure your comp is Patrick Mahomes, Love is a Packer after all.

Kizer had similar size, athleticism and arm talent. He could throw the ball off platform and from any angle.  Funny how the narrative around Kizer has changed.  When he got to Green Bay he was supposedly a great prospect that the front office was infatuated with during his draft cycle.

Just now, SSG said:

It's only a bad take because Kizer sucked in the NFL.  If Kizer developed into a quality starter I  guarantee you wouldn't be calling it a bad take.  I'm sure your comp is Patrick Mahomes, Love is a Packer after all.

Kizer had similar size, athleticism and arm talent. He could throw the ball off platform and from any angle.  Funny how the narrative around Kizer has changed.  When he got to Green Bay he was supposedly a great prospect that the front office was infatuated with during his draft cycle.

Dude stop.  Love had a ton of upside, or he could bust.  None of us know what he will be moving forward, but a Kizer comp is straight up trolling.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Size, athleticism, arm talent, throwing off platform and at any angle. Literally all there is to a QBs play. They must be identical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Dude stop.  Love had a ton of upside, or he could bust.  None of us know what he will be moving forward, but a Kizer comp is straight up trolling.  

It's considered trolling because Kizer sucked in the NFL.  Tell me how Jordan Love was a substantially better prospect.  Why is it that Patrick Mahomes is the only acceptable comp among Packer fans?  

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Size, athleticism, arm talent, throwing off platform and at any angle. Literally all there is to a QBs play. They must be identical.?

Who said identical?  Does a comp have to be identical?  Jordan Love isn't identical to Patrick Mahomes yet that seems to be the only acceptable comp among Packer fans.  

What makes Jordan Love a substantially better prospect than Deshone Kizer was when he was coming out of Notre Dame?

Put all the other measurables aside, it's very difficult to know what's between the ears until after you've drafted them and they've been under coaching for awhile. For sure, Love can make all the throws. But can he become what a call a "Wiley Fox", i.e., improve his accuracy, read the coverage, gain instincts on what they're concealing pre-snap and make the right adjustments, go through his progressions quick enough, etc.  This is the unanswered question mark regarding Love, like most other QB prospects drafted. For sure, you start with those things you can measure and try to draft accordingly, but it seems after that, either they mentally take to coaching and grow, or they don't. Rodgers has it. Love may or may not. Time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's considered trolling because Kizer sucked in the NFL.  Tell me how Jordan Love was a substantially better prospect.  Why is it that Patrick Mahomes is the only acceptable comp among Packer fans?  

how about you tell us one thing about Kizer and Love that are similar since you brought him up?

(other than the obvious thing we all know you mean, I mean)

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

No it’s considered trolling because it’s incredibly lazy.  As is the Mahomes comp.

DeShone Kizer was never able to process the game. Love, in a 20 minute interview prior to the draft, displayed more football IQ than DeShone Kizer did in 3 years at Notre Dame and his few seasons in the NFL. His 2018 tape showed the ability to process reads and make NFL caliber throws. Love's footwork and pocket manipulation were also substantially better than Kizer's coming out. That's just the tip of the iceberg and, tbqh, I don't feel the need to dive deeper due to how asinine a take it is. But because they are tall, strong armed black QBs, they are the same. LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

how about you tell us one thing about Kizer and Love that are similar since you brought him up?

(other than the obvious thing we all know you mean, I mean)

Size, athleticism, arm strength, mobility and pocket presence.  They both could throw off platform and from any angle.  Both had a quick release and could make any throw on the field.  Both had MAJOR concerns about their decision making.  

Deshone Kizer was a plus prospect coming out of ND, which is why there were reports that the staff loved him.  The ONLY reason there are complaints about the comp is he sucked in the NFL.  

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

DeShone Kizer was never able to process the game. Love, in a 20 minute interview prior to the draft, displayed more football IQ than DeShone Kizer did in 3 years at Notre Dame and his few seasons in the NFL. His 2018 tape showed the ability to process reads and make NFL caliber throws. Love's footwork and pocket manipulation were also substantially better than Kizer's coming out. That's just the tip of the iceberg and, tbqh, I don't feel the need to dive deeper due to how asinine a take it is. But because they are tall, strong armed black QBs, they are the same. LOL

@SSG

I'm going to add "tall" and "strong-armed" to my prohibited list of acceptable comparisons between Kizer and Love now as well.

Just now, SSG said:

Who said identical?  Does a comp have to be identical?  Jordan Love isn't identical to Patrick Mahomes yet that seems to be the only acceptable comp among Packer fans.  

What makes Jordan Love a substantially better prospect than Deshone Kizer was when he was coming out of Notre Dame?

I'm not sure what your point is.  They actually are somewhat similar as prospects, but I don't think that's the gotcha you think it is.  Kizer wasn't a bad prospect; he was a mid-2nd round pick for a reason, and he was definitely a first rounder early in 2016.  Kizer failed in the pros because his bad habits from college got worse, including skittish pocket presence, a penchant for playing too much hero ball and inconsistent accuracy.  Love had issues in his final year with playing hero ball, but most of his flaws in 2019 weren't present in his 2018 game film; whether he'll struggle with them in the pros we have no idea yet.  Love has never had red flags surrounding his willingness to improve the way Kizer did, so that alone is probably enough separation to make this point moot.

• Like 1