1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Well he did fumble a snap but thats beside the point. You guys are acting like I don't think the kid has any chance at being good. I can see the tools, he has gifts that can't be taught, there is no doubt about that but i have yet to see why we felt the need to trade up and get him in the first round. 

You've seen it the last two years with Aaron Rodgers play. 

2 years average per 16 games pre-Love pick
62.2% completion, 96.5 Rating, 4222 yards, 26 TD, 3 INT, 42 sacks

2 years average per 16 games post-Love pick
68.9% completion, 114.9 Rating, 4253 yards, 42 TD, 5 INT, 24 sacks

• Like 1

People are really docking Love for the KC performance? Did they not watch the game? The offensive line couldn’t block anyone. MLF called a terrible game . Those things considered , it wasn’t bad . The rookie QBs this year have MUCH worse games than Love’s first start. 

That pick wasn’t even his fault. Davante was frustrated the whole game and tbh didn’t fight like he should’ve for that ball. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

People are really docking Love for the KC performance? Did they not watch the game? The offensive line couldn’t block anyone. MLF called a terrible game . Those things considered , it wasn’t bad . The rookie QBs this year have MUCH worse games than Love’s first start. 

That pick wasn’t even his fault. Davante was frustrated the whole game and tbh didn’t fight like he should’ve for that ball. 

KC called a great game to they sent blitz after blitz and our Oline failed. They knew the rook would have trouble but the Oline was just as bad. We had no hot reads and MLF didn't adjust well enough to get Love some better looks. Needed some rolls outs and moving pockets. Should have been doing more screens to beat the blitz as well. 

Just a poor game all around. 

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

I expect him to score more than one touchdown against a bottom third defense and not be the reason we lose games. That isn't very unrealistic in my opinion.

Game 1 of 2021 season, Rodgers scored less than that on a neutral field.  Granted vs a (supposedly) better defense.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

That fumble was entirely on him for trying to move forward on a silent count and the interception he threw came in plus territory if I'm not mistaken. Bottom line is in the 3 games he's played he has more turnovers than touchdowns, which was a huge knock on him coming out.

People really need to stop comparing this situation to Rodgers 15 years ago, the league has changed. Coaches aren't as rigid as they used to be, they change their schemes to fit their players where as back in the day the players ran the coaches scheme regardless of it catered to their strengths or not. I dont want to hear anything about lack of practice or it was a suprise that he was going to start, its his job, he should have been mentally prepped to start since the first day he stepped in Green Bay.

The game has changed since Rodgers was in his early years....including the limited offseason contact / player coach interaction, less practice time in pads, less preseason games, etc.   Almost like there might have been more opportunity for development then vs now.

54 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Well he did fumble a snap but thats beside the point. You guys are acting like I don't think the kid has any chance at being good. I can see the tools, he has gifts that can't be taught, there is no doubt about that but i have yet to see why we felt the need to trade up and get him in the first round. 

He played 1 regular season game and like 2 partial preseason games.  Maybe expectations of how immediate you want to see things is a bit unrealistic 

22 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

KC called a great game to they sent blitz after blitz and our Oline failed. They knew the rook would have trouble but the Oline was just as bad. We had no hot reads and MLF didn't adjust well enough to get Love some better looks. Needed some rolls outs and moving pockets. Should have been doing more screens to beat the blitz as well. 

Just a poor game all around. 

It was incredibly weird. Steve Spagnola is their DC, everyone and their mother knew what they were going to do except for MLF I guess. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It was incredibly weird. Steve Spagnola is their DC, everyone and their mother knew what they were going to do except for MLF I guess. 

Yeah .. not LaFleur's finest hour.  One of his worst coached games.  Team looked ill prepared in several facets. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. not LaFleur's finest hour.  One of his worst coached games.  Team looked ill prepared in several facets. 

almost intentional...

36 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

no respect for Love. That's all you need to know.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Idk if you’re trying to implying anything but he’s known for blitzing and it’s generally smart speeding up the decision making for a QB making his first start. 

any DC would've made some sort of attempt at doing so. KC got a golden opportunity to pump life into their suspect defense when they faced the Jordan Love situation at home in a pseudo-must win game given how their season had been unfolding at the time. If anything, that game has been the first step towards them reviving their mojo as a team.

Edited by Joe

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

Of course he needs to get better, but that was still a respectable first outing.

Its like people forget even after 3 years, Rodgers didn't light the world on fire that first season and the Packers were 6-10 coming off a conference title game the previous year. Young QB are going to struggle and take some lumps. To expect otherwise is just blind.

People wanna bring up Rodgers 6-10 record in 2008 like he struggled when in reality he was a top 10 QB in his first season starting. Rodgers was 4th in yards, 10th in completion percentage, 4th in TDs, 9th in YPA, 6th in qb rating. He was special from the start. 

I don't know why people keep bringing up Rodgers sitting for 3 years as if he would have busted had he needed to start day one. I said before I dont think Rodgers sitting for 3 years had anything to do with him turning out to be great.

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

People wanna bring up Rodgers 6-10 record in 2008 like he struggled when in reality he was a top 10 QB in his first season starting. Rodgers was 4th in yards, 10th in completion percentage, 4th in TDs, 9th in YPA, 6th in qb rating. He was special from the start. 

I don't know why people keep bringing up Rodgers sitting for 3 years as if he would have busted had he needed to start day one. I said before I dont think Rodgers sitting for 3 years had anything to do with him turning out to be great.

Agreed on Rodgers .. when he was called upon to start in his 4th season he was ready to play. He looked like a good starting QB from game one on. 

He looked good in season three when he he came in for Favre at Dallas.  That was the first time he showed something in a real game.  I can't remember how he looked in preseason that year .. thinking he looked much improved. 

As for year one and two .. he wasn't impressive in mop up appearances or preseason games.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you might be the only person on the planet who believes this

Maybe, but I think Rodgers sitting for 3 years was more of a situation of circumstance than an indictment on his ability to play right out the gate. I believe Ted Thompson would have gotten rid of Favre sooner if he could have, but Favre meant so much to the city at the time it would have been career suicide. Rodgers will be missed when he leaves but he'll never mean as much to the city as Favre did when he revitalized a franchise that had been dead for 2 decades.