1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't recall Collins playing corner.  I think he was always a safety.  Dude could move forward at light speed.

Savage ran a 4.36 at the Combine.  That speed has been on display lately.  I think he's turning the corner into being an elite safety.

There was a time where Collins could not figure out how to play a ball over his shoulder.  Awesome moving forward.  He was pretty elite overall though.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There was a time where Collins could not figure out how to play a ball over his shoulder.  Awesome moving forward.  He was pretty elite overall though.

When Collins was young, he could come forward on a play like no one I've ever seen.  And he rarely whiffed.

It was once Woodson came over that Collins actually learned angles and how to catch.  Charles made him into a lethal weapon on defense.

I think Savage is ahead of Collins thus far in their careers.  Savage seems to know angles better and has picked off a few passes.  But he's gotta turn it on quickly to stay on pace with Collins career.

And...talking about Collins still stings.  I guess that wound wasn't quite as healed as I had hoped.  God he was fun to watch.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z690_JNJQdk

Skip to 1:22. That speed is ridiculous man.

There was another one I remember where Collins chased down someone on the sideline. Everyone else at best is keeping pace a step or two behind. Then out of nowhere, Collins races past everyone else to make the tackle. It was like he was the only one not in slow motion. 

He was one of my favorite players. 

20 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't recall Collins playing corner.  I think he was always a safety.  Dude could move forward at light speed.

Savage ran a 4.36 at the Combine.  That speed has been on display lately.  I think he's turning the corner into being an elite safety.

I think they occasionally used him as a nickelback, but not as a boundary corner IIRC.  It was clear he was a safety though.

• Like 1

Collins struggled a lot when he came into the league.  A lot of blown assignments missed angles.  He really progressed his last 2 years and was really coming into his own when he got hurt.  Having Woodson in the secondary really helped him,  but I think Collins would have been a top safety for years.  

6 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Collins struggled a lot when he came into the league.  A lot of blown assignments missed angles.  He really progressed his last 2 years and was really coming into his own when he got hurt.  Having Woodson in the secondary really helped him,  but I think Collins would have been a top safety for years.  

I feel like Collins, had he not gotten injured, would've put together a resume that got him HoF consideration. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z690_JNJQdk

Skip to 1:22. That speed is ridiculous man.

I remember an interview with young Tramon by Daryn Colledge where he was asking him who the fastest guy in the DB group was. Tramon told him NC and Colledge seemed to think he was joking then realized he was serious and said something like “Nick is not a small man”.

That powerful of a frame moving at that speed was lethal. One bad angle on a tackle where a RB gave him a thigh to the crown of the helmet and it was all over.

His super bowl int was iconic. Back when they would throw flags if you went to the ground, almost made it more spectacular him in the end zone with multiple flags raining down. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

I remember an interview with young Tramon by Daryn Colledge where he was asking him who the fastest guy in the DB group was. Tramon told him NC and Colledge seemed to think he was joking then realized he was serious and said something like “Nick is not a small man”.

That powerful of a frame moving at that speed was lethal. One bad angle on a tackle where a RB gave him a thigh to the crown of the helmet and it was all over.

His super bowl int was iconic. Back when they would throw flags if you went to the ground, almost made it more spectacular him in the end zone with multiple flags raining down. 

Yeah Nick Collins was probably in my top 5 all time favorite Packers because he went to Bethune with my sister. 

He looked like a modern day LB to be honest. He looked much bigger than 5'11 205

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

His INTs were always fun to watch. He'd jump routes at full speed, catching them in stride sometimes it felt from across the field. 

His highlight reel is so fun. 

• Like 1