1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I think we do have a lot of holes. The way the off-season (free agency) went, we needed to have a solid draft with WR and ILB help to fill the two biggest holes on the team. I get that you go BPA but boy we have to hit it out of the park for the rest of the draft to really have a chance to compete against the likes of SF this year. I think we got lucky because Seattle was severely banged up through the 2nd half of the year.

If the Packers are indeed thinking of the future and feel like they cannot compete any time soon or keep up with the likes of the NFC power-houses for the next couple of years, it will be prudent to move on from Rodgers and maybe trade him for some way to re-stock the cupboard.

Seattle had a worse point differential than we did, and ours was very average. That defense sucks. 

While I don't wish to rain on your parade. I don't think you guys should all expect Jordan Love to become well... the next Aaron Rodgers.

Only 2 QBs drafted outside the top 12 in the first round have panned out in the last 15-20 years, Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson. While it's a good precedent that you guys have in Aaron Rodgers, don't just assume he'll be able to replicate that sort of value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

While I don't wish to rain on your parade. I don't think you guys should all expect Jordan Love to become well... the next Aaron Rodgers.

Only 2 QBs drafted outside the top 12 in the first round have panned out in the last 15-20 years, Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson. While it's a good precedent that you guys have in Aaron Rodgers, don't just assume he'll be able to replicate that sort of value.

Hold your Redbull.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In those 3 games?

In the games where he broke the record for overthrows in an NFL game and committed 3 turnovers and scored 0 points in 14 first half drives?

Nah, I'll take my other 25 in those disastrous games.

Oh he was awful. Not denying it. I wasn't talking the post literally by focusing on such a small sample size. Surely you could find another 3 games where he doesn't have 25 other QBs ahead of him

For the optimists among us:

Over the top release that is lighting quick.

Love how he hangs in the pocket and keeps his eyes down the field.

Has the arm talent to make any throw. Has some impressive moments of ball placement to all levels. 

Touch throws, especially through intermediate and deep windows, and throwing players covered to uncovered, are unteachable and high-quality. (aka "bloop")

Ball jumps off the hand. Ability to take some zest off of it and feather it in there with touch and timing is really quite ridiculous.

Love's natural release of the football, ability to throw receivers covered to uncovered with touch, and extension of plays all profile as a high-caliber playmaker in the NFL in the mold of a Mahomes, Wilson, or Rodgers.

Love is a boom/bust prospect who will be overdrafted for his boom, and his stock is conditional on landing with a team willing to do the hard work of developing him

Some of his spot throws are just absolutely delightful — laces balls to hit targets in stride. Anticipates defenders breaking as well and will work to throw away from receivers. He does a pretty nice job of identifying pressure opportunities to throw hot. 

While having a strong arm and well developed accuracy, Love has high IQ levels of knowing what type of pitches to use in certain situations.

Of any prospect in this draft, no career none other than Love’s will be more dependent on their landing spot. 

Firmly believing that Love will eventually become a top-15 selection, he will need at least a year to sit behind a well-established veteran before he’s ready to take on a role as a full-time starter. His decision making and footwork need refinement and that time as an understudy will help him. If shown the right amounts of patience also while nurturing him along the way, a team could turn him into a high-end starting QB that turns into a face of the franchise type of player.

Courtesy of TDN

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Deshon Kizer wasn't drafted by the Packers you dumbass. 

What did you expect the front office to say? He sucks. We know he sucks. We had to take on his deal to get rid of a malcontent. 

Love's 2019 only borders on awful if you just box score scout. You talk all the time about a ****ty receiving cast, dude, that USU was a ****ty receiving cast. They replaced the entire damn thing. 

Every drop was not the result of a bad throw. There were plenty of problems with our receivers last year. But problems with a 30 million dollar QB are a lot more damning than problems with a 1 million dollar WR. 

He deserved to get trashed weekly the second half of the season. He had a bottom 5 passer rating in the entire league starting the game Adams came back from injury. He was ******* trash. 

He had one good game in the playoffs against the 22nd ranked defense in the league in points per game, and then immediately went back to being trash against a real defense. He was worse than the run defense when the game still mattered. 

Right. We traded our best DB for a lottery ticket.  Gotcha.  

Funny how Love needs elite talent to producer but Rodgers should be able to produce at an elite level with garbage scraps.  Heck, he had MVS as his #1 for 6 games.  A practice squad talent on his second NFL roster in 2 years quickly replaced him.  But again, that's thats the same MNVS you spent an offseason talking up.  Given how absolutely disgusting your evaluation of our WR talent was this time last year it's not all that surprising that everything is Rodger's fault.  Expecting a WR to extend or reach for a pass is too much.  He makes a lot of money so passes should so precise it should be like they were handed to the WR.  What ever.

On a serious note, I don't love the "his college production sucked because the talent around him wasn't elite" argument.  It's EXACTLY the same argument we heard about players like Kizer or guys like ESB and MVS.  He reminds me too much of Deshone Kizer to like this pick.  I didn't hate the Rodgers pick in 05 (didn't love it either) but he was clearly an elite prospect that we were getting great value on.  The same absolutely can not be said about Love who was a pretty mediocre player this last year.  His decision making was a lot worse than the talent around him IMO and that was Kizer's biggest issue.