1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

While I don't wish to rain on your parade. I don't think you guys should all expect Jordan Love to become well... the next Aaron Rodgers.

Only 2 QBs drafted outside the top 12 in the first round have panned out in the last 15-20 years, Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson. While it's a good precedent that you guys have in Aaron Rodgers, don't just assume he'll be able to replicate that sort of value.

Could you maybe throw any more arbitrary conditions on that?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Seattle had a worse point differential than we did, and ours was very average. That defense sucks. 

True. That defense is definitely not that good and may not even get Clowney back. But, I think Pete Carroll knows how to get more out of his roster than the Packers coaching staff and Russell Wilson is in his prime. That is one team that I truly dread playing because they are one of the best 2nd half teams in the league. The good thing is that they tend to fall asleep during the first half of most games.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

That's what we're all asking in our conversations with you.

No, it's pretty much just you. I haven't heard:

- Why Jordan Love is the "best pick" for the 2020 Packers

-Why Jordan Love is the "best pick" period for the Packers

- Why other, more talented players were overlooked

Have you?

If I'm being honest, the answer you guys were looking for would have been Mims plain and simple. I was shocked when you guys didn't draft any help for Rodgers early in the draft last year, even more so now. He's got Davante Adams and.... who else to catch the ball? (Still far better than my Eagles but I digress)

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

Oh he was awful. Not denying it. I wasn't talking the post literally by focusing on such a small sample size. Surely you could find another 3 games where he doesn't have 25 other QBs ahead of him

Week 1 against the Bears. Week 16 against the Vikings. Week 14 against the Bears.

I'm not even going to use the Chargers game because I that was mostly on others. 

Now that we've covered 33% of the season, what's the point you're trying to make. 

17 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I remember that 2005 draft.  Lot of people were real mad that they took Rodgers instead of a weapon for Favre.

Aaron Rodgers was considered a legitimate 1st overall pick who fell. Jordan Love was apparently a Day 3 prospect to like half the league as per Matt Miller, and somehow managed to throw 17 ints to only 20 tds in one of the worst conferences in the FBS.

The Favre vs. Rodgers comparison is nothing like Rodgers vs. Love. This forum needs to stop pretending it is.

Edited by joru1000

Just now, Danger said:

If I'm being honest, the answer you guys were looking for would have been Mims plain and simple. I was shocked when you guys didn't draft any help for Rodgers early in the draft last year, even more so now. He's got Davante Adams and.... who else to catch the ball? (Still far better than my Eagles but I digress)

1st round WR is shortsighted. I'd much rather wait and get someone day 2 that'll provide the same, if not more, impact than Reagor does.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Aaron Rodgers was ******* trash in the 49ers playoff game. Was out there killing drives by himself. He wasn't doing that back when he was in his late 20s and early 30s. He's regressed. 

Yeah, ok. We went 13-3 last year. Who on our roster is better right now. Love?

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Could you maybe throw any more arbitrary conditions on that?

I just looked back over the years and am only recalling it based off memory. But the only names that weren't busts between 13-32 in basically this entire millenium were Aaron Rodgers and LaMar Jackson. It's proven that trading up for these inflated stock QB prospects hasn't proved successful. Rodgers was expected to go higher but didn't. Though so was Brady Quinn and that still didn't work out.