1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

55 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I stated three consecutive HOF'ers....Of the ones you listed, at the least Jeff Garcia, Don Meredith, Danny White, or John Hadl are not in the pro football Hall of Fame...

No, but even removing the HoF qualifier, it's still damn near impossible to get 3 long-term quality QBs in a row without at least a brief period (usually much longer) wandering in the wilderness. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

No, but even removing the HoF qualifier, it's still damn near impossible to get 3 long-term quality QBs in a row without at least a brief period (usually much longer) wandering in the wilderness. 

This is true but I dont need Love to be HOF quality. Top 10 will do. A winner. Somebody who wins more games for us than is the cause for losing them. 

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is true but I dont need Love to be HOF quality. Top 10 will do. A winner. Somebody who wins more games for us than is the cause for losing them. 

Out of curiously how many Super Bowl winning QB's are not in the HOF? In today's time it is almost as if the media anoints one a future HOFer if they wine one, two for certain. 

I guess what I'm saying is we need Jordan Love to be able to win championships. That probably makes him a HOF QB. 

Take a look at the teams that have had back to back great quarterbacks.

Find me one that took a QB in the first round, when the second HOF QB was getting past his prime.  

I think Garcia was an UDFA who busted out in San Fran.  Maybe they took some kid named Druckenmiller in the first round.

Point being, GB is actually prepared for this transition.  They invested a high pick in a QB, their system isn't overly difficult to run and there is a great supporting cast around the QB.

If there is a way to do a 3-Peat at the QB position, this is how you do it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Out of curiously how many Super Bowl winning QB's are not in the HOF? In today's time it is almost as if the media anoints one a future HOFer if they wine one, two for certain. 

I guess what I'm saying is we need Jordan Love to be able to win championships. That probably makes him a HOF QB. 

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer come to mind but it is a generally short list. I love the Love love, trying to get him into the HOF, I just hope he comes out swinging this preseason. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Fine. Then Jordan Love needs to be an HOF QB.

It shall now be done.

3 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I agree...This was my point as to potential unrealistic expectations from Love's QB play....Two HOF'ers in a row can be tough enough, but three in a row is unheard of.... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I agree...This was my point as to potential unrealistic expectations from Love's QB play....Two HOF'ers in a row can be tough enough, but three in a row is unheard of.... 

Well, what better team to make history then? A wise man once said:

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Jim Plunkett and Jim McMahon have two and are not yet in....Doug Williams is the first black QB to win a SB and he's not yet in....No Joe Flacco or Eli Manning....Manning should get in because he played in NY....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Well, what better team to make history then? A wise man once said:

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

Awful big shoes to fill....I'd be satisfied with anything above average....

42 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Jim Plunkett and Jim McMahon have two and are not yet in....Doug Williams is the first black QB to win a SB and he's not yet in....No Joe Flacco or Eli Manning....Manning should get in because he played in NY....

Thanks! Not sure you can count McMahon's second since he didn't play a down and was strictly a back up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Thanks! Not sure you can count McMahon's second since he didn't play a down and was strictly a back up. 

Jim Plunkett was only a .500 QB who threw more interceptions than touchdowns and had a poor passing percentage...Point is, SB's don't automatically mean an entry into the HOF....To name a few Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, and Dan Fouts in total have a combined zero SB wins but all are in the hall...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan