2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

8 minutes ago, Macc_Aviv said:

I feel like you are being overly defensive here, but that's cool. Sorry you feel attacked. I still am trying to understand what logical reasoning would back up Gute arbitrarily trading up based on nothing, rather than information and intelligence he may have about other teams looking to trade up for Love. Everyone is entitled to opinions, but that doesn't mean that all opinions are founded upon equal logical reasoning. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from here. 

Thats fine if you are trying to understand where Im coming from, and I have already expressed that. All Im saying is you cant prove Im wrong so why you told me Im wrong and that my logic is terrible, is what I have a problem with. If you have facts to prove Im wrong, I would gladly admit Im wrong. If you cant prove Im wrong then explain to me why you said Im wrong and my logic is terrible. And if you cant back that up with facts then the only thing I see is that its because my opinion differs from yours. So if Im wrong I would like to see where you are coming from to say that.

Packers Wire -  Here’s who mock drafts have the Packers taking on Day 2:

Dane Brugler, The Athletic
2.62: WR Tee Higgins, Clemson
3.94: TE Harrison Bryant, FAU

Lance Zierlein, NFL.com
2.62: TE Adam Trautman, Dayton
3.94: WR Laviska Shenault, Colorado

Luke Easterling, Draft Wire
2.62: WR Michael Pittman, USC
3.94: OT Ben Bartch, Saint Johns (MN)

Jordan Reid, The Draft Network
3.94: TE Adam Trautman, Dayton

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report
2.62: WR Chase Claypool, Notre Dame
3.94: LB Anfernee Jennings, Alabama

Joe Marino, The Draft Network
3.94: DL James Lynch, Baylor

Kyle Crabbs, The Draft Network
2.62: WR Laviska Shenault, Colorado
3.94: TE Adam Trautman, Dayton

Chris Trapasso, CBS Sports
2.62: WR K.J. Hamler, Penn State
3.94: LB Davion Taylor, Colorado

Kevin Hanson, SI.com
2.62: WR Michael Pittman, USC
3.94: LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming

Vinnie Iyer, Sporting News
2.62: TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame
3.94: LB Troy Dye, Oregon

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Grab a WR and then a DL. Bring back Veldheer and Tramon. Pray that 2021 is a good OL class and hit it hard. 

Laviska and/or Pittman Jr would be amazing. Assuming Mims goes well before our range but would definitely be happy with him too. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Grab a WR and then a DL. Bring back Veldheer and Tramon. Pray that 2021 is a good OL class and hit it hard. 

Laviska and R. Davis and call it a day would work for me then. I'd be good with and OT and DL or a DL and OT. Don't think we should finish today without a DLineman.

I'm not as married to WR as many here are. 

Edited by Golfman

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'd be happy with Shenault, Higgins, Mims, Pittman, Claypool.

Okay. Thanks.

For no known reason - cause I certainly havent delved into him greatly - I've been hooked on Shenault since he was an early read.
Sounds like the kind of player I'd like to have around.

Hopefully - we can land some of these guys and turn this storyline around some.

I'm not so sure they go WR in rnd 2, regardless of what some of us may prefer. I mean, after how round 1 went, I'm just keeping myself prepared for the possibility of just about any position being drafted, including Long Snapper. (Could you imagine the apoplexy if Gute were to draft another QB in round 2? Lol) 

For example, one name I'm not seeing mentioned at #62 is DL Davon Hamilton (We may think it is a reach at #62 based on all the mocks, but I don't think he lasts til #94). I just mention him so that if by some unlikely chance they take him at #62, y'all will think (be fooled) into thinking I'm a genius. ;)

But seriously, do you have any prospects in mind not usually listed for round 2 whom the Packers could pick??? 

1 hour ago, Jaegybomb said:

I'd love that Laviska/Harrison combo.

Honestly, if the Packers are able to land one of those combos, I'll pretty much just pretend that Love was our 3rd round pick xD. That will help with the situation mentally. 

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This year's OL class is pretty deep, which is why I HATED us throwing our 4th away in order to move up a measly five spots when we could've just as easily swapped 3rds with Miami. 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

This year's OL class is pretty deep, which is why I HATED us throwing our 4th away in order to move up a measly five spots when we could've just as easily swapped 3rds with Miami. 

No offense....but how do you know that? Did someone comment or write about it somewhere?