2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   Top Players left on the Packers Big Board with at least an 8.4 RAS:

Denzel Mims
Zack Baun
Winfield, Jr.
MPJ
Jonathan Taylor
Jaylon Johnson
Cam Akers
Ezra Cleveland
Justin Madubuike
DPJ
Malik Harrison
Jeremy Chinn
Kyle Dugger
Jack Driscoll

One of these guys has to fall right? Probably a few. I like most of those guys. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

A 4th is a minimal price to pay for the kind of value a franchise QB presents. 

4th round pick only net players like Bakhtiari,  Aaron Jones, Tom Brady etc.    Just throw in's when it fits an agenda? 

I’m hoping we do NOT get an ILB with our first pick today.  If we don’t, I feel like Clay Matthews and Kirksey will be our starters there.  I want Clay to get a second ring with us, and we’re winning the Super Bowl this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

4th round pick only net players like Bakhtiari,  Aaron Jones, Tom Brady etc.    Just throw in's when it fits an agenda? 

Jones was a 5th and Brady was a 6th.  But hey, as long you think it proves your point, then it doesn't matter if it's true, right?

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m hoping we do NOT get an ILB with our first pick today.  If we don’t, I feel like Clay Matthews and Kirksey will be our starters there.  I want Clay to get a second ring with us, and we’re winning the Super Bowl this year.

Love the positive thoughts and that would be cool! I wouldn't mind somehow getting Clowney tbh. Imagine the rush packages with him, the Smiths, Gary, Clark an imaginative DC could put together. 

Note to self: Drink less coffee tonight.

What with the coffee I drank last night....plus the events of the evening (so to speak......)....getting to sleep was damn near impossible!

I'm hopeful that tonight will be smoother sailing and I'll have visions of talented skill position players in my dreams LOL

Just now, Packerraymond said:

're 1/3.

Nope they were all picked 4th round or later.   Do you think a guy selected in the 5th or 6th  could not have been selected in the 4th?   Logic like that should be embarrassing to you.

Edited by hitnhope

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Packers Wire -  Here’s who mock drafts have the Packers taking on Day 2:

Dane Brugler, The Athletic
2.62: WR Tee Higgins, Clemson
3.94: TE Harrison Bryant, FAU

Lance Zierlein, NFL.com
2.62: TE Adam Trautman, Dayton
3.94: WR Laviska Shenault, Colorado

Luke Easterling, Draft Wire
2.62: WR Michael Pittman, USC
3.94: OT Ben Bartch, Saint Johns (MN)

Jordan Reid, The Draft Network
3.94: TE Adam Trautman, Dayton

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report
2.62: WR Chase Claypool, Notre Dame
3.94: LB Anfernee Jennings, Alabama

Joe Marino, The Draft Network
3.94: DL James Lynch, Baylor

Kyle Crabbs, The Draft Network
2.62: WR Laviska Shenault, Colorado
3.94: TE Adam Trautman, Dayton

Chris Trapasso, CBS Sports
2.62: WR K.J. Hamler, Penn State
3.94: LB Davion Taylor, Colorado

Kevin Hanson, SI.com
2.62: WR Michael Pittman, USC
3.94: LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming

Vinnie Iyer, Sporting News
2.62: TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame
3.94: LB Troy Dye, Oregon

Striking that none of these are RBs.  Day 2 might be a bit high but feels like there's some great backs in this class and LeFleur's system relies on good ones.

I'm very much in favour of letting Aaron Jones go, netting a 3rd comp pic, and replacing him with another guy on a rookie contract. 

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

Jones was a 5th and Brady was a 6th.  But hey, as long you think it proves your point, then it doesn't matter if it's true, right?

You are nother one.  Does the idea that anyone picked later than the 4th could also have been selected in the 4th round elude you?  No wonder the finer points of roster management and GM performance that should be obvious are denied.   Unbelievable.