2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

24 minutes ago, PackerLegend said:

Cabbage, not when the chances he will be there in 4 picks are very very high. And maybe if he was a sure thing but he is far from it imo. If he is gone you move on, just like alot of players that went before him that Im sure they would love to have. Hope Love works out, but imo they could of got him at 30.

Front offices know far, far more than you or I do. The fact that Gute jumped up tells me he had solid information that another team was going to move ahead of the Packers and draft Love. With teams talking to agents and other teams constantly, it's not hard for teams to piece together who might go where. 

3 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

He's going to be gone in the first few picks of the round(I'm guessing, anyway).

Yeah .. gotta figure Mims will be off the board pretty quickly.  Sure would like to get one of these guys today.

Mims

Shenault

Pittman Jr.

Tee Higgins

Chase Claypool

Bryan Edwards

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macc_Aviv said:

Front offices know far, far more than you or I do. The fact that Gute jumped up tells me he had solid information that another team was going to move ahead of the Packers and draft Love. With teams talking to agents and other teams constantly, it's not hard for teams to piece together who might go where. 

Gute moving  up doesnt tell you that there was solid info that another team was moving up lol, you are guessing someone would have just like Gute. We will never know so its foolish to say one way or the other. I stick with what I said.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. gotta figure Mims will be off the board pretty quickly.  Sure would like to get one of these guys today.

Mims

Shenault

Pittman Jr.

Tee Higgins

Chase Claypool

Bryan Edwards

I think there is a big drop between those first 5 and Edwards.

Edited by Jaegybomb

39 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I was thinking that two, looking at the picks from 26 to 30, MIA, SEA, BAL, TEN, I'm pretty sure none of those teams would have drafted Love. Did we just pull a Bears and move up to take a QB that no one was going to take??

I believe the concern was Tennessee.  They view Tannehill as a temporary fill while they find a prospect to develop as a replacement.  As such, Love may have been a pick they make.  We just don't know.

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

We don't have a good front office right now.   You are the one not able to recognize this.  

The last two first rounds show they don't understand or value the draft in a way that allows them to maximize assets.   You don't give a QB with years left on his contract a huge pay increase, and then push him out the door with a ton of dead money, that you created, in the salary cap era.   it has nothing to do with how you value a position, it has to do with how you manage in a salary cap era.

The comparison to the punter was a way of pointing out how mismanaged this situation has been.   If you can't see that, it is your blindness not mine.  Your take is the one that is laughably blind.   

Should Gute have given Rodgers that contract extension and pay increase in hindsight?   Can you honestly say it was a good idea?   That is what GM's are paid to manage.

Why is the concept of trying to win now AND in the future such an insane concept for you to grasp?  You can do both.  You can simultaneously try to win now, but keeping an eye towards the future.  IF the Packers pick on Day 2 are more geared towards the future, you can probably pose a pretty good argument on this one.  But you're making an opinion based off of ONE pick.  Instead of looking at the ENTIRE picture.

As for your punter analogy.  The fact that MULTIPLE posters told you that your analogy was off suggests that you were off.  Instead of admitting you're wrong, you instead put your head in the sand to avoid the argument.  Or even double down and explain your stance.

18 minutes ago, PackerLegend said:

Gute moving  up doesnt tell you that there was solid info that another team was moving up lol, you are guessing someone would have just like Gute. We will never know so its foolish to say one way or the other. I stick with what I said.

So you think Gute arbitrarily moved up? You can stick with being wrong if you like. Never knowing officially doesn't mean you have to stick with terrible logic when formulating your opinion.