Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would also put Dugger in the mix for a trade up as well. 

Maybe him being from such a small school hurts him and allows him to slide to the third. 

Dugger seems kind of redundant with Abram here though. Do we really need two box safeties? 

• Like 1

I don’t see the comparison type with Dugger and Abram. Dugger is far more explosive and more of the cover type. His size and speed give you a lot of options on the things you can do with him. Just worry about going from the small school to playing with the big boys in the nfl 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t see the comparison type with Dugger and Abram. Dugger is far more explosive and more of the cover type. His size and speed give you a lot of options on the things you can do with him. Just worry about going from the small school to playing with the big boys in the nfl 

Dane Brugler said he projects as a WLB or box safety in the NFL. Two of the guys from the draft network also said he projects kind of as a tweeter SS/LB. If you're going to bring in another safety you'd ideally want a FS with good range so you can bring Abram into the box more. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Confirmed he did, and 20 RUSHING TDs. To go along with 3,800 yards passing, 32 TDs and 8 picks. I had no idea he ran for that much.

Just like it was a mistake not to trade down and take Arnette, if he there in 3rd, mistake to not take him. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Confirmed he did, and 20 RUSHING TDs. To go along with 3,800 yards passing, 32 TDs and 8 picks. I had no idea he ran for that much.

And he’s a different runner than anyone you’ve seen. He’s not overly fast (but fast enough to be a dual-threat) but he’s a PHYSICAL runner. Jalen Hurts is the “toughest” QB in this draft. He’s a dog, just like Mayock/Gruden like. 

If he’s the pick at 80/81, I’m ok with it, I’d actually be pretty excited tbh.