2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

13 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Come on man. They've had a great draft. They can still trade up for players in the 4th and 5th. 

The players we get in the 4th and 5th round will have a slim chance of making the team.. Right now, starters are being drafted. 

All we will here tomorrow is how we tried to move up.. please... trade picks and move up for starters...

• Like 1

with our next pick 13 picks away i really hope Gallimore or Elliott are available. 

assuming we take one of those guys, you have to wonder if someone like Cameron Dantzler is in play with our last pick today. it wouldn't hurt to grab two quality corners this draft.

1 minute ago, Vikes22 said:

The players we get in the 4th and 5th round will have a slim chance of making the team.. Right now, starters are being drafted. 

All we will here tomorrow is how we tried to move up.. please... trade picks and move up for starters...

I disagree whole heartily. Lots of quality players are found in those two rounds. I mean, lots. And our GM happens to be good at finding them there. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vikes22 said:

It always takes 2 to tango. And 4th and 5th rounders are almost locks to make the roster. 

Plus roster size is increased to 55. And those last 5 picks don't have a ton of trade value so if you want to move up this high, it's going to cost one of their 4ths

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

I would like to see us grab a CB/OL here in the 3rd, and in that order.

Looking at the big board, CB's are drying up already. Lots of quality OL and DL to be had int he 4th-5th. 

Still plenty of corner depth in this draft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

D'ohkay

We've done a good of identifying talent in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds, but go ahead and continue on your diatribe about how the players we would be trading up for at this point are guaranteed starters.

• Like 2

Just now, Frank Costello said:

I mean there's depth pretty much everywhere in this draft except QB and Safety. But we need less developmental guys and more day 1 guys. 

So I would like to see us get another corner here early and soon. 

There aren't any day one starting corners on the board at the moment.  Anyone taken here is a developmental guy behind Hughes/Hill/Gladney and probably Boyd given he's had a year in the system

• Like 1