2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I think this pick is worse than if Lamb and Reagor were both there for the Eagles in the 1st and they passed on Lamb.

They probably just wanted a guy Alshon would like catching passes from in practice, since he's not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, mm6492 said:

How just kept saying they like to develop QB's. And basically said, best case they develop him and trade him for a picker higher than a 2nd...

That would mean that Carson gets injured and isn't playing, in which case that's a bad thing.

Just now, Danger said:

That would mean that Carson gets injured and isn't playing, in which case that's a bad thing.

Which was point of the question. They drafted a guy in 2nd who best case never plays. that does not make sense when Wentz is 27 years old

4 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

How just kept saying they like to develop QB's. And basically said, best case they develop him and trade him for a picker higher than a 2nd...

yeah more or less luckily carson gets hurt all the time so he will have a chance to look good.

5 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

The zoom press conference was bad, they had trouble explaining how Hurts fits 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

pretty much where I landed on it trying to make sense of it.

The justification is the same thing that annoys me about the Saints. Take the ball out of your MVP caliber QB's hands, and let a gimmick QB decide it for you on important 3rd downs. Brilliant.

Just now, Jeezla said:

The justification is the same thing that annoys me about the Saints. Take the ball out of your MVP caliber QB's hands, and let a gimmick QB decide it for you on important 3rd downs. Brilliant.

yep...at least Drew has a dying arm so it's not the worst thing.

Every negative play they make for Hurts will make you go, Carson really couldn't have been worse than that.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Agreed. Playing the Saints my favorite play is when Drew Brees is no longer involved. 

Also this means we need to dress him as #2 QB, not Nate, which is kinda weird as Nate would likely be the #2.