2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

People are over reacting to the Hurts Pick. He will be a Taysom Hill gadget guy, an even better version. Plus he’s a legit #2 QB to Wentz for when he gets his annual Week 15 injury. 

You can find plenty of guys to fill the "Taysom Hill" role even later in the draft. (or even UDFA) We already have one actually. His name is Greg Ward..........

This is just Howie playing 4D Chess. Wentz was healthy for 16 games last year thank you.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

there is an easy dak prescott joke in here but I already did that last night so I wont bother today.

You cant hurt me right now. I am on cloud 9. Not only are we killing it, but you guys are failing horribly. This is fantastic. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You cant hurt me right now. I am on cloud 9. Not only are we killing it, but you guys are failing horribly. This is fantastic. 

you are going to sit there and pretend you aren't terrified of the eagles potential two qb gimmick offense next season? yeah right. 

I can't even be upset with Matts' trying to troll us right now. I'd even encourage it because of how stupid this front office has become when it comes to the draft. Literally every other team in our division has been better at drafting than we have over the last few years. Sure they haven't had the onfield success we have had necessarily, but it's a ticking time bomb. We are looking more and more like the 2010s Phillies day by day. 

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't even be upset with Matts' trying to troll us right now. I'd even encourage it because of how stupid this front office has become when it comes to the draft. Literally every other team in our division has been better at drafting than we have over the last few years. Sure they haven't had the onfield success we have had necessarily, but it's a ticking time bomb. We are looking more and more like the 2010s Phillies day by day. 

It makes it even funnier that a Howie Roseman-led team has won a Super Bowl while the Cowboys haven’t sniffed one in a quarter of a century 

9 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Damn man, if I liked Hurts I would be so ok with this pick. Obviously shocked at first, still disappointed, but I would be fine with it by now. Problem is I just do not like Hurts as a prospect. Was anyone here a fan of Hurts as a prospect, and can sell us on him? 

I have watched a few All-22 games.... First, Lincoln Riley runs some extremely creative QB designed runs knowing they have a +1 in the run game. Pederson definitely should look at some of the things they did & incorporate it as a red zone package since having a +1 in the redzone is a huge advantage.

Things that mainly stood out was his ability to move & compound the fact that he can throw on the run really well. Hurts is very capable as a rollout/naked boot passer which is becoming very important in today's NFL with the importance of play action. His release is compact/quick & throws a tight spiral. He's also very tough & took a number of big hits. Lastly, Hurts is very fast - he can make monster plays w/ his feet. I've only watched a few games but a few things that concern me is that he needs to trust the pocket more. He is quick to run away from pressure & will drop his eyes when doing so. I watched the LSU game & holy smokes Chaisson dominated that game. The poor OU LT had NO chance of containing him. Chaisson's ability to speed rush the edge is special (thank you Cowboys for not taking him).

• Like 2

Warming up to the pick... we can do a lot of creative things with hurts... if anyone can groom qbs it’s doug, rich and morty. Hurts if he shows talent In a couple games he can easily net is a 1.. he has the speed and power of A young newton. He’s shown progression. But I’m wondering how we can use him as a weapon , I can see him doing rpos in the redzone which will be deadly. Any short yardage situations. He’s a way better passer in college then jackson was, and I think Dak . Only thing I’m worried about is him going through progressions and sometimes he makes bad decisions when he forces something when being pressured . But he only had 8 ints, with a 70 completion rate which is great.  He showed touch this season when that was a knock on him. He makes me excited for pre season atleast 

• Like 1

I don’t mind Hurts as a change up player that teams have to account for....if we didn’t have so many holes I would be ok with it. We’re banking on guys who haven’t stepped up to step up on the defensive side of the ball. 

I wonder how many snaps are they banking on. Unfortunately I can’t see Hurts lining up like Taysom in multiple positions so that kind of limits the options