2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Danger said:

We saw him go against Doug with Mike Groh. it's only a matter of time. If things continue to trend downward, someone else is going to have to be on the chopping block.

feel like they'll just promote Press Taylor or Jim if they fire Doug
Howie will blame doug's inability to coach his coaches.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

As much as I dislike this pick, at least we won't have to waste a zillion mid-late round picks on non rosterable QB's for the next 3-4 years.

Just trying to find some silver lining here.....

true..but it hurts Pete

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

As much as I dislike this pick, at least we won't have to waste a zillion mid-late round picks on non rosterable QB's for the next 3-4 years.

So no more Clayton Thorson's? That should make everyone happy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

feel like they'll just promote Press Taylor or Jim if they fire Doug
Howie will blame doug's inability to coach his coaches.

I genuinely feel like Lurie would part with Howie before Doug at this point in time.

Just now, Scalamania said:

So no more Clayton Thorson's? That should make everyone happy. 

might actually be a good strategy for use. Since late picks seem like a higher hit rate a lot of the time.

Hurts can't suck if he never plays.

Howie on that 4D chess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I didn't love the pick... Whatsoever, but at the end of the day in order for you to be good at positions you have to typically INVEST in that position. Either the Eagles were going to have to pay a backup QB (which they cannot afford to do), or they would actually have to draft a competent one which many believe Hurts is... Hurts is a student of the game, good leader, and can move/throw on the run which is becoming very important in the NFL. Hurts will be a competent backup where our season will not RIDE or DIE with Carson... Sudfeld signing is bizarre

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok time to come to terms that we burned a 2nd Round pick but we should have a good backup QB. Let's see if we can get some good players with the other 6 picks

Do we think Howie will sign Clowney after the deadline and say most of it was paid for by not having to sign a vet backup? (like Flacco)

as a ploy to get heat off him