2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Hurts (#53 ovr)

Kiltman

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

Means QB is by far the most important position on the field and we need a good backup, especially when Carson’s hanging out in the blue tent.

Jalen Hurts really isn't a good QB anyways. And there are plenty of guys you could have got in the 3rd/4th round just as good. There were still great players left to pick from here at 53 and we decided to reach on a mediocre QB to be our backup. That's the problem. If we took Jalen Hurts at 103 instead I don't think people are upset nearly as much.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

What has Sudfeld done to warrant anyone thinking he has any justification to be in the conversation to be a starter in this league? Don't dislike the guy, but that's just not happening lol.

Bro... let's not forget he does come from a QB factory. 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Finding the positive spin, we are theoretically set at the most important position in sports for the foreseeable future. It stings to get little to no on field value from such high draft capital for a team with playoff and SB aspirations 

Yeah but let me be mad about it a lil

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok time to come to terms that we burned a 2nd Round pick but we should have a good backup QB. Let's see if we can get some good players with the other 6 picks

We have 3 4th rounders left... hoping we hit there or trade to move up in the 3rd.

The pick is off the wall. But it's extremely entertaining watching people go from "howie is always trash a drafting lets just trade all our picks and never participate in the draft" to "wow i cant believe howie made a bad draft pick" when he does.

Just now, Daimonas said:

The pick is off the wall. But it's extremely entertaining watching people go from "howie is always trash a drafting lets just trade all our picks and never participate in the draft" to "wow i cant believe howie made a bad draft pick" when he does.

Oh no at this point Howie just needs to go. In order to have sustained success in this league you have to be able to draft well. Trades can't build a stable foundation. If Howie can't draft, we need to get someone who can.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Oh no at this point Howie just needs to go. In order to have sustained success in this league you have to be able to draft well. Trades can't build a stable foundation. If Howie can't draft, we need to get someone who can.

I don't disagree with you. I just find it hilarious that people freak out so hard on this forum.

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Finding the positive spin, we are theoretically set at the most position in sports for the foreseeable future. It stings to get little to no on field value from such high draft capital for a team with playoff and SB apperations 

... but we’re not even, Hurts is a total gimmick QB. The odds of him adapting to the pros seem very low to me. H