Our Current Cowboy Roster (so far)

D82

23 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I understand that. And I won't argue it. He clearly has much to prove.

But he's the Cowboy's starting TE in 2020.

SS, LG, C, and RDE all have at least 2 names that could wind up with the job.

Who is challenging Woods for the other safety spot next to Dix? Also, having a few guys that could win the job should be viewed as a strength for the position group; not a weakness.

We have more talented prospects at LG\C than we do TE. All 3 spots are weakneses imo, but I'm more optimistic about one of the Connors or Biadasz, turning into a pro bowler than I am one of our current TEs. If there was a top tier TE on the market I'd jump but not so much guard or center because we have youth that I want to see first. Some feel that for Jarwin. I don't.

43 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I understand Witten left. Jarwins' role will obviously increase. I don't think he is the answer. I could be wrong. I could be right. I do disagree that all TEs outside the top 2 are equal. There are tiers and Jarwin is up there.... yet.

There's tiers to the TE position, sure, but I think Jarwin is closer to being in that second or third group with guys like Andrews and Hooper than those guys are to Kittle and Kelce. Those two players change games and, comparatively, almost every other TE just supplies default production (i.e. they get schemed open/defenses permit their production underneath). My $.02

It's just not a position I compelled to worry about as much with Garrett out and McCarthy in. This is going to be an 80+, possibly 90% 11-personnel team. If a JAG is all Jarwin is then that's pretty much fine to me and we still have bigger worries.

Edited by matt79511

14 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Who is challenging Woods for the other safety spot next to Dix? Also, having a few guys that could win the job should be viewed as a strength for the position group; not a weakness.

We have more talented prospects at LG\C than we do TE. All 3 spots are weakneses imo, but I'm more optimistic about one of the Connors or Biadasz, turning into a pro bowler than I am one of our current TEs. If there was a top tier TE on the market I'd jump but not so much guard or center because we have youth that I want to see first. Some feel that for Jarwin. I don't.

Boy, I think you and I are not on the same page for what we are talking about.

I thought you were discussion open question marks about what the lineup will look like. But now I think you are talking about question marks about the talent level.

In which case, I mostly agree. Except that I expect we will have very high level of play on the interior OL. Just too many bodies with high potential there for it to work out poorly, IMO.

I would agree obviously that Jarwin is a level bellow Kacee.  But I also think that Jarwin is more then capable of providing the production we need from a TE though yes he still need to improve in his ability to read defenses and block at the LOS to get to that next level under Kacee

I kinda feel sorry for the UFA as there really is hardly any room on this roster especially if we get both Smith and Greogory 

min my mind not making it are

QB Thornton

WR. Johnson and Bryant

TE Hikutini

LT Hyatt

LDE Jackson

1T Hamilton 

MLB Gilfird

and 1 kicker

that puts us to 56 if Lee and Gregory are included.    
that leaves another one to bite the dust my guess Chunn vrs WR Wilson

so..   who is the weakest making 

QB DeNucci.  TE Bell. 
next up

RB Chunn or WR Wilson 

1 of the above 4 will not make it

next in order 

Rde Jelks 

RG Redmon

3T Hill 

if no Lee or Gregory then Jelks and maybe Jackson are safe unless we add from outside 

thats not much   In all I count 48 “safe” players counting Smith and Gregory  this goes to just how solid the roster is

Mostly the Q is ?   
3 RB - 3 QB - 3 TE - 6-WR

need to loose 1 of the above 2 if we keep 10 on the OL which is possible I guess

Edited by quiller
Spelling

Despite the 4th, 5th 6th receiver on the roster having some upside, I really want Dez.. 3 reasons

1- if any of our top 3 get hurt, I feel we wouldn't lose much with Dez.

2 - He still may be our best Red-zone threat or at least a viable option. 

3 - despite his sometimes over dramatic way, he did give his all for Us I want him to get a chance to be apart of our resurgence..

granted he plays up to par and won't mind playing a much lesser role..

Yeah, I really like potential with jarwin. He showed plenty of flashes last year. Team should have one of the most dangerous WR cores with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb. Zeke is still a guy who requires extra help in the box. Pollard is another guy who teams need to key in on when on the field. And all that will lead to jarwin getting a lot of one on ones and at times just plain forgotten about. And he eats up yards after the catch with some surprising speed. His ability to block is subpar, but with more reps that could improve as well. 

Witten is one of my favorite players of all time, but it was becoming very apparent that he was taking reps away from the better option in Jarwin. 

jarwin is gonna go for around 550-700 yards next year with around 6 tds. 

People are really high on Jarwin. I agree he has shown flashes. Especially in the Giants game 2 years ago where half his career TDs came. Witten wasn't playing that year so it allowed Jarwin a record game. He certainly has potential but that's it at this point. So we are hoping he can develop(particulaly at blocking), but it's not like he's a rookie. The guy will be 26 this year. Not an old grey beard by any means but he's close to peak age. The draft was weak on TEs and the board fell beautifully in other areas.   

***UPDATE***

QB: D. Prescott | A. Dalton | C. Thorson 
RB: E. Elliott | T. Pollard | J. Chunn | D. Anderson R. Dowdle 
FB: J. Olawale | S. Olonilua 
WR: A. Cooper | M. Gallup | C. Lamb | N. Brown | D. Smith | C. Wilson | V. Bryant | J. Johnson | T. Jones | S. Guidry K. Rodgers | A. Parker 
TE: B. Jarwin | D. Schultz | B. Bell | C. Hikutini | S. McKeon C. Taumoepeau 
LT: T. Smith | B. Knight | I. Alarcòn 
LG: C. Williams | C. McGovern 
C: J. Looney | M. Henry | T. Biadasz 
RG: Z. Martin | A. Redmond | C. Wichmann 
RT: L. Collins | M. Hyatt | T. Steele 

LDE: D. Lawrence | A. Smith | J. Jackson | B. Anae 
3T: G. McCoy | N. Gallimore | T. Hill | G. Marino
1T: D. Poe | A. Woods | J. Hamilton 
RDE: T. Crawford | D. Armstrong | R. Gregory | J. Jelks | A. Kamara L. Hamilton R. Carter 
SLB: S. Lee 
MLB: L. Vander Esch | J. Thomas | L. Gifford | F. Bernard  
WLB: J. Smith | J. March 
CB: T. Diggs | J. Lewis | D. Worley | C. Westry | D. Burton 
FS: H. Clinton-Dix | C. Awuzie | D. Thompson 
SS: X. Woods | D. Wilson | L. Kirk 
CB: A. Brown | R. Robinson | M. Canady | S. Smith

K: G. Zuerlein | K. Forbath 
P: C. Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur | J. Fortunato 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

How many rookies have a chance to start:

• Diggs, CB
  • Lamb, WR
  • Anae, DE
  • Badazz, C
  • Robinson, CB
  • Carter, DE

Anyone else?

You think Carter beats out Kamara? 

Right now I have Carter in the practice squad but if Gregory is not reinstated then he does have a good chance because what he offers on third downs 

oh as much  as the thought of what Dez can still do especially in red zone I think it will cause too much of a distraction.    

speaking of distraction has anyone heard talk why Coop was on the sidelines on a high number of plays in the Eagles game during crunch time and third down???

Edited by quiller