The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The defense balled out against the Bears, Giants, and today. The offense was stagnant again and we lost. 

Well, I don't think the defence was that good, just the opposition offences were that bad. But it just goes to demonstrate my point, Carr was poor in those two games and just average really in the Washington game and we've predictably lost because nobody else takes the game by the scruff of the neck. Nobody else provided a spark. Guys had chances but they didn't make the difference.  

Just now, Darbsk said:

Well, I don't think the defence was that good, just the opposition offences were that bad. But it just goes to demonstrate my point, Carr was poor in those two games and just average really in the Washington game and we've predictably lost because nobody else takes the game by the scruff of the neck. Nobody else provided a spark. Guys had chances but they didn't make the difference.  

Carr has failed so make plays when we needed him too throughout the final stretch of the season. Carr can succeed under the perfect circumstances.

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Del rio owned carr

djax and zay was open first 3 qtrs carr is just in love with rbs 

You say this but aren't we one of the league leaders in down field shots? Someone posted the stats recently that we were throwing down field at historical levels. Isn't it more likely a pre-determined game plan? Maybe you can say he's sticking too much to the game plan and that would be a fair criticism and one I'd agree with but we haven't lacked down field shots this year, that is simply a misnomer. I think missing Waller and Ruggs has made them more conservative.

Carr missed a few throws, absolutely true, but from my point of view it matters more with us and is accentuated because none of our other 'weapons' step up and help us out - Renfrow excluded, though he's limited. We have less room for error basically.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr has failed so make plays when we needed him too throughout the final stretch of the season. Carr can succeed under the perfect circumstances.

Yep, I agree in principal but our other players have to help out too. If Jones makes that catch, Carr is the match winner, he drops it and Carr failed to make the plays. It's a tough situation. Carr has to be better (like early misses) but other guys need to step up and help too.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, I agree in principal but our other players have to help out too. If Jones makes that catch, Carr is the match winner, he drops it and Carr failed to make the plays. It's a tough situation. Carr has to be better (like early misses) but other guys need to step up and help too.

Carr was bad for most of the game against a below average secondary.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Carr was bad for most of the game against a below average secondary.

I wouldn't say he was bad at all, he just wasn't quite good enough to drag our sorry team to victory. As I said earlier, if he plays great we'll win likely, if he plays average or poor we'll certainly 100% lose.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I wouldn't say he was bad at all, he just wasn't quite good enough to drag our sorry team to victory. As I said earlier, if he plays great we'll win likely, if he plays average or poor we'll certainly 100% lose.

Carr came out extremely conservative and always folds in the red zone.

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Carr had 20 yards in the first qtr 90 at halftime iirc and 2 fgs to show for it

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You say this but aren't we one of the league leaders in down field shots? Someone posted the stats recently that we were throwing down field at historical levels. Isn't it more likely a pre-determined game plan? Maybe you can say he's sticking too much to the game plan and that would be a fair criticism and one I'd agree with but we haven't lacked down field shots this year, that is simply a misnomer. I think missing Waller and Ruggs has made them more conservative.

Carr missed a few throws, absolutely true, but from my point of view it matters more with us and is accentuated because none of our other 'weapons' step up and help us out - Renfrow excluded, though he's limited. We have less room for error basically.

Again how do you lead the league in yards and deep passes but not tds. Heineke has more passing tds than carr and he didn’t even play all season. That doesn’t make sense to me. Who cares if you have a million yards. You need to score. Those missed passes were tds not just a 3-4 yard gain. In a close game even a ok qb hits those and puts points on the board. You gotta pull the trigger when you have a clean shot. Carr is trigger shy

17 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Is there any other team so reliant on their QB? If Carr plays well, we have a great chance to win but if he's average or poor then we basically have no chance to win. That's an awful lot of pressure and focus.

We just need him to get 1 td yesterday not save the world 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Again how do you lead the league in yards and deep passes but not tds. Heineke has more passing tds than carr and he didn’t even play all season. That doesn’t make sense to me. Who cares if you have a million yards. You need to score. 

"You need to score".... says the guy who's whining for the QB lead his team to 14 PPG last time he was a starter.... then when benched, they skyrocketed to 31 PPG lol.

"You need to score"............. lol

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

"You need to score".... says the guy who's whining for the QB lead his team to 14 PPG last time he was a starter.... then when benched, they skyrocketed to 31 PPG lol.

"You need to score"............. lol

That qb you speak of is the last qb to score a td for us sir while you laugh and enjoy our loss. But at least your boy is still playing qb right. Same ole jtagg. Again good day sir.

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We just need him to get 1 td yesterday not save the world 

I don't disagree but I think as a coach you'd be a little less simplistic in your views. Carr definitely should have done better and I'm as frustrated as anyone that all the yards haven't led to TDs but Zay has to make that catch too, Moehrig has to make that interception too. Good teams help each other out when they need it, that's why we're not a good team.

My deep ball comment was in direct reply to your comment regarding loving his RB screens, he clearly is playing to the game plan I would have said rather than just lives dumping the ball off, hence the many deep balls this year then suddenly going away from that. Maybe he should have deviated from the plan, probably so in hindsight and that would be a fair criticism of Carr. Then again, when we went deep and we really needed it Jones fluffs it!

43 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Again how do you lead the league in yards and deep passes but not tds. Heineke has more passing tds than carr and he didn’t even play all season. That doesn’t make sense to me. Who cares if you have a million yards. You need to score. Those missed passes were tds not just a 3-4 yard gain. In a close game even a ok qb hits those and puts points on the board. You gotta pull the trigger when you have a clean shot. Carr is trigger shy

Car averages 1.4 TDs per game and is on pace for 5000 yards. Let that sink in. 

43 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don't disagree but I think as a coach you'd be a little less simplistic in your views. Carr definitely should have done better and I'm as frustrated as anyone that all the yards haven't led to TDs but Zay has to make that catch too, Moehrig has to make that interception too. Good teams help each other out when they need it, that's why we're not a good team.

My deep ball comment was in direct reply to your comment regarding loving his RB screens, he clearly is playing to the game plan I would have said rather than just lives dumping the ball off, hence the many deep balls this year then suddenly going away from that. Maybe he should have deviated from the plan, probably so in hindsight and that would be a fair criticism of Carr. Then again, when we went deep and we really needed it Jones fluffs it!

I will say on the zay miss iirc zay had to turn around and find the ball which he seemed to think was misplaced. 

the missed ints are annoying but it also counts as a pass deflection. Also you have to take in consideration fatigue. Our defense has been on the field so much the last 3-4 games they’re starting to break down. Offense needs to do something.

It was 3-7 at halftime and we’re really getting on the defense about this loss?