The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Just now, big_palooka said:

Fair point. Aiming at the ball carrier is matter of opinion I guess. Looked like he took on the blocker to blow the play up and the runner tripped. But again... what else can he do there.

I'm sure the lineman moved into Abram's diving attempt at the ball carrier.

It’s a garbage rule, so a lockdown all pro corner gets injured will it change? H*ll no! Cuz the league wants more scoring. It was a shabby call at a time when wsh needed it.lol the call in Crosby was garbage. And if the rolls were reversed on that last bomb to Jones ..... who on here doubts there would be at least 2 if not 3 flags thrown on us? I’m not saying it was bad PI , I just want equality. Christ , on the Crosby sack Hobbs nearly had his head ripped off...... nothing. That being said, the offense and play calling deserve this L. Not the D!

27 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Had protection and it was wide open, how do you check that down! Smfh 

Don’t know how you are surprised. You can go through all 8 years of Carr’s All-22 and constantly find someone very open in the middle or deep, and Carr checks down early. I feel like I’m the only fan who really watches him sometimes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

The most frustrating part of the checkdown with Carr is when we were driving for the final score he tries to throw one in the endzone when all we need is a 1st down to run the clock way down and kick the FG for the lead.  Instead the pass is incomplete and WFT saves a time out.  We pick up the first down and WFT has almost chance of retaking the lead.  This is an aspect of this team that drives me crazy.  Situational awareness is lacking.  I can not remember who it was but someone was open at the bottom of the screen on the play and could have picked up the 1st down.  Instead WFT got 2.5 minutes and I believe 3 timeouts to try and make a FG.  They should have had a lot less time or timeouts.  It was 3rd and 7 from the 18.  If anything keep the ball in the middle of the field so the clock does not stop.

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The most frustrating part of the checkdown with Carr is when we were driving for the final score he tries to throw one in the endzone when all we need is a 1st down to run the clock way down and kick the FG for the lead.  Instead the pass is incomplete and WFT saves a time out.  We pick up the first down and WFT has almost chance of retaking the lead.  This is an aspect of this team that drives me crazy.  Situational awareness is lacking.  I can not remember who it was but someone was open at the bottom of the screen on the play and could have picked up the 1st down.  Instead WFT got 2.5 minutes and I believe 3 timeouts to try and make a FG.  They should have had a lot less time or timeouts.  It was 3rd and 7 from the 18.  If anything keep the ball in the middle of the field so the clock does not stop.

I think your talking about the throw to Renfrow when Zay was open on replays in the middle of the field 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

I think your talking about the throw to Renfrow when Zay was open on replays in the middle of the field 

Josh Jacobs beats #55 when he falls down and Jacobs is calling for the ball.  Carr is locked on to Jones because he wants the TD.  The game circumstances dictate that the best option is to pick up the first down because you do not need a TD to win.  You just need to run down the clock.  Carr should have known this the same way he should know that taking the shots earlier instead of checking it down is the time to take a chance.  Bad situational awareness by the coaches and Carr.  It is the play right before the FG.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Bottom line, some of you are just scared to move on from Carr. Content being in the middle and it's obvious.

I am definitely / or at least was in that camp. Well not content being in middle, but scared to move on. 
But these last few losses have been so tough to watch. The constant passes around the LOS are so frustrating. 
Swing pass to jacobs, with Hunter as his lead blocker never going to work lol. And I love Renfrow. 

I wish Carr all the best and still think he is top 10 talent QB in the league, but he just doesnt trust / use his arm. 
We can do a whole lot worse than Carr, but at this point, Ive learned we just arent capable of putting a great team around him. 

We are always going to have issues on our team, and because of that, you need to be aggresive. If you are a well built team, AND disciplined, you can be conservative. We arent either of those. 1 false start or holding and our drive is over. It is garbage.  

Aaron Rodgers, clearly better than Carr, on a better team, still hasnt been able to get it done last 10 years. . .
Russell Wilson, clearly better than Carr, on a better team, hasnt got it done last what 7 years?

That leads me to think 1. We need to build a better overall team.
2. Even with a HOFer at QB it is still extremely tough to win a superbowl . 
3. Coaching is very important. We need to find a way to stop being towards the bottom in penalties. 

• Like 1