The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So you're not going to show me where I said Apple was "my boy"?? You're just going to talk **** instead of providing that info?

That was back in your “jtagg” days but point still stands on who was guarding kupp during those tds vs who was guarding obj

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sure. I 100% agree. I don’t think he’s worth 40. I also think the offensive line and skill positions were an embarrassment for the 2nd half of the year when the offense slumped.

True but it is not like he was throwing TDs like crazy when he had weapons.  His TDs always drop off after the halfway mark and he was only averaging under 2 TDs a game when at full strength.  He probably does not reach 30 TDs last year no matter and that is in a 17 game season.  Let's say he hits 30 TDs last year that is an improvement of .25 TDs a game over his career.  This is best case scenario.  The return on investment is just to low for me.  In order for me to want him here he needs a deal small enough the allows us to bring in FAs to compensate or his play needs to compensate for the teams deficiencies.  That fact that there has been so many arguments about him failing because the team around him sucks shows that his play is not enough to justify such a high amount.  He has the talent to justify a large contract but not the production.  Like I have said before I hope he proves me wrong but he has shown nothing that makes me think he is worth it.

I’m having De Ja Vu. If we pay Carr and ditch Crosby, we are the dumbest franchise in the history of the sport. If you pay both, that’s fine. But if you can only pay one, Crosby is a better player than Carr. Just like Mack was a better player. It didn’t work that time and it wouldn’t work this time. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m having De Ja Vu. If we pay Carr and ditch Crosby, we are the dumbest franchise in the history of the sport. If you pay both, that’s fine. But if you can only pay one, Crosby is a better player than Carr. Just like Mack was a better player. 

Why does it have to be one of the other? Well managed teams don’t have these problems. I think that’s the point.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Why does it have to be one of the other? Well managed teams don’t have these problems. I think that’s the point.

I’m saying if it does have to be one or the other. If it’s both, that’s fine. But I have heard absolutely nothing about a Crosby extension and he’s entering his final season. If he’s going to be extended, it’s this year. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Deja vu because it is the same setup that we blew last time and if Crosby wants a big contract McDaniels might do the same thing as Gruden.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

got it, im no capologist lol but how would that effect us next year? 

honestly cant really answer until the details of the extension came out.
Id love a short 2 year extension, which restructures next season a little higher but not sure if wed have room for other signees and our own players needing new contracts. 
Its tough, whatever we give Carr now, will probably look like a steal in 2-3 years time. . . which the agents will use. 

But i dont care, I need it to look good this season. We finally made the playoffs, come on Carr, go the brady route and give us a discount, so we can put pieces around you. YOU NEED IT! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

honestly cant really answer until the details of the extension came out.
Id love a short 2 year extension, which restructures next season a little higher but not sure if wed have room for other signees and our own players needing new contracts. 
Its tough, whatever we give Carr now, will probably look like a steal in 2-3 years time. . . which the agents will use. 

But i dont care, I need it to look good this season. We finally made the playoffs, come on Carr, go the brady route and give us a discount, so we can put pieces around you. YOU NEED IT! 

Yea, can’t demand top dollar and have everything Carr would need to be successful. He needs a team around him to win, so he should take a team friendly deal. 

• Like 3

I better not hear any Carr fans ever make any excuses for him he doesn’t have pieces around him if he takes 40M. He could of gave us a discount like many other Top QB’s have done (especially Brady) so we can give him pieces, and he chose not to do so. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I better not hear any Carr fans ever make any excuses for him he doesn’t have pieces around him if he takes 40M. He could of gave us a discount like many other Top QB’s have done (especially Brady) so we can give him pieces, and he chose not to do so. 

next year, he is scheduled to make 20m, so if it is a 2 year 80 mil extension, it would still just depend on how the actual numbers work though. 

I can live with 33m a season for Carr. 

People will laugh at us sure, because the media will report 2 year 80 mil contract. 
But that wont actually be the case (I hope)

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

next year, he is scheduled to make 20m, so if it is a 2 year 80 mil extension, it would still just depend on how the actual numbers work though. 

I can live with 33m a season for Carr. 

People will laugh at us sure, because the media will report 2 year 80 mil contract. 
But that wont actually be the case (I hope)

Technically, reporting it as a 2 year 80M deal is accurate if 2021 goes untouched. If they restructure 2021 and give him a raise, and equal the 3 years out at 33M, then yes you are correct. But as of right now, we don’t know if they will keep 2021 as it is, or restructure it. 

• Like 1