The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Just now, FloydFan said:

Didn't answer my question, thank you

Your question was that Carr isn’t getting 40 million. Which I answered it is impossible for anyone to know that. No discussions have taken place. You’re neither wrong or right 

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Your question was that Carr isn’t getting 40 million. Which I answered it is impossible for anyone to know that. No discussions have taken place. You’re neither wrong or right 

$40M seems to be pretty rich, it'd make him the 4th highest paid QB in the league behind Mahomes, Rodgers, and Allen.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

$40M seems to be pretty rich, it'd make him the 4th highest paid QB in the league behind Mahomes, Rodgers, and Allen.

This is what I'm saying.  People thinking he is going to get 40 mill a year are most likely going to be wrong. I mean you never know what can happen, but I highly doubt it.

8 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

This is what I'm saying.  People thinking he is going to get 40 mill a year are most likely going to be wrong. I mean you never know what can happen, but I highly doubt it.

I think something like a 3 yr/$105M extension is fair for both sides.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Carr is not getting above 40. Where is this narrative coming from? 

Next people are going to start saying Carr is going to demand the rumored Murray $. 

Carr at $80m per, what ever shall we do? Gotta start prepping for that hypothetical alternate reality possiblity, ya know? Lol

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Next people are going to start saying Carr is going to demand the rumored Murray $. 

Carr at $80m per, what ever shall we do? Gotta start prepping for that hypothetical alternate reality possiblity, ya know? Lol

Anything to build their narrative, whether it's factual or not.

10 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

This is what I'm thinking the ballpark is as well

First two years fully guaranteed, can't see any gripes from either side. Would make Carr the 7th highest paid QB in the league just ahead of guys like Goff, Cousins, Tannehill, etc. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

First two years fully guaranteed, can't see any gripes from either side. Would make Carr the 7th highest paid QB in the league just ahead of guys like Goff, Cousins, Tannehill, etc. 

Whenever a new contract is signed, you are going to jump ahead of QBs in your same tier. 
People may not be happy about it, but thats just how it happens.

People may complain that we overpayed year 1, but in 2 seasons itll be looked at as a good market rate for a QB of his tier. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Whenever a new contract is signed, you are going to jump ahead of QBs in your same tier. 
People may not be happy about it, but thats just how it happens.

People may complain that we overpayed year 1, but in 2 seasons itll be looked at as a good market rate for a QB of his tier. 

When Carr signed his last deal he was 26 years old, coming off of an MVP caliber season. He looked poised to become one of the top tier QB's in the league. Carr was good last year but he's 5 years older and didn't have great TD/TO production. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

When Carr signed his last deal he was 26 years old, coming off of an MVP caliber season. He looked poised to become one of the top tier QB's in the league. Carr was good last year but he's 5 years older and didn't have great TD/TO production. 

exactly in the good to great tier. So he is going to jump over the other QBs in that tier. 
Considering a lot of the best qbs are still on rookie contracts, it makes sense Carr would become around 7th highest paid IMO

• Like 1

Just now, BackinBlack said:

exactly in the good to great tier. So he is going to jump over the other QBs in that tier. 
Considering a lot of the best qbs are still on rookie contracts, it makes sense Carr would become around 7th highest paid IMO

That Herbert extension is gonna be intense.

• Like 1

I thought he would get around $33 per and I would not be angry but not happy.  If it is up close to $40 I let him playout the contract and then give him the franchise tag.  He would get more money with the 3 year extension unless someone was willing to give up 2 picks and sign him to a very large contract.  It also buys time to find another QB and time to trade Carr.

• Like 1