The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, G said:

Love Carr but if the extension is Arod like 50 mil per then I'm good with trading him. Personally with Russ in Denver I say stack the offense with weapons and protection. If we go down, we go down fighting!!! Though I could understand a complete rebuild but I think that's a mistake. Worse than not trying to win a meaningless game to get a better draft pick.

If there is a chance, burn the boats and FIGHT!!!

Well I’m definitely not carr defensive. Lmao! Just was saying context when talking about #4 qb in our division with who the other 3 are. Lol! (Plz note all lols and lmaos so you know I’m laughing writing this) that’s one thing, would I listen for great trade offers? Hell yes, I ain’t stupid and neither are any of y’all! Lmfao! Would I pay DC ANYTHING above 40 per? Absolutely not!! Cmon man!! Lol!! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Well I’m definitely not carr defensive. Lmao! Just was saying context when talking about #4 qb in our division with who the other 3 are. Lol! (Plz note all lols and lmaos so you know I’m laughing writing this) that’s one thing, would I listen for great trade offers? Hell yes, I ain’t stupid and neither are any of y’all! Lmfao! Would I pay DC ANYTHING above 40 per? Absolutely not!! Cmon man!! Lol!! 

Even though Dak 45 million a year.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt that McDaniels and Ziegler took the jobs to immediately trade Carr and start a rebuild. McDaniels biggest mistake in Denver was trading away Cutler as soon as he got hired, lol.

New regimes usually like to pick their qb or have draft capital to start with. 

46 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

New regimes usually like to pick their qb or have draft capital to start with. 

Josh McDaniels was the highest paid coordinator in the NFL and has declined interviews with multiple teams over the years. He failed big time in Denver and if he fails here it will be tough for him to ever get another head coaching job. If there was a significant upgrade available I could see them taking a swing but I just don't see McDaniels moving on from Carr and rolling with a rookie or someone like Trubisky or Bridgewater. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Josh McDaniels was the highest paid coordinator in the NFL and has declined interviews with multiple teams over the years. He failed big time in Denver and if he fails here it will be tough for him to ever get another head coaching job. If there was a significant upgrade available I could see them taking a swing but I just don't see McDaniels moving on from Carr and rolling with a rookie or someone like Trubisky or Bridgewater. 

I’m not saying what they should or shouldn’t do just saying how new regimes usually start. I could be wrong     tho. 

I don’t think a contract gets done this offseason. I think it will get done during the season when McDaniels sees Carr in the offense. Carr is not gonna hold out or hold in it’s not in his character. Show up and show McDaniels that you can play in the offense and he will get paid. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t think a contract gets done this offseason. I think it will get done during the season when McDaniels sees Carr in the offense. Carr is not gonna hold out or hold in it’s not in his character. Show up and show McDaniels that you can play in the offense and he will get paid. 

Can’t see carr playing at 19mill too risky. Esp since he’s buddies with mr 50 mil per year and now no adams naw can’t see carr playing at 19. 

Iirc dak did it and got injured but dall cashed him out in the end.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Carr is already on the wrong side of 30, has had a serious lower leg injury, and this is his last chance to get a big deal. If he plays without an extension and gets hurt it'd potentially cost him $100M+

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m not saying what they should or shouldn’t do just saying how new regimes usually start. I could be wrong     tho. 

Carr made it through the McKenzie/Grudock eras, if we do extend him he'd have to be one of the first QB's in NFL history to keep a starting position for 1 team with 3 different GM's.

The entire dilemma with Carr extension was do we pay a top 11-15 QB knowing we need a exceptional talent around him to advance in the playoffs. With what QBs are getting now in the extension market, we’ll have less resources. 

Now with Wilson in the division, Paying the 4th best QB in the division is a dilemma