The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I rewatched the playoff game with the impression that we have a few key guys that we need. Everyone else can go. Parker and our backup corners need to be outta here. I see it being a good assignment to rebuild because a qb, left tackle, and good edge rushers are hard to find. 

for sure we lack top tier talent, but we had 3rd string DEs and DTs making play for us in Koonce and Tomas/Jefferson.

Our Cbs depth was fairly solid, but I guess if your considering nickel or dime as base, I can see it, but strictly 2 CBs, Facsons and Hobbs I think did a legit job as backups. Trufant and nixon can go for sure, but we had a ton of injuries here in a tough passing division and competed. 

Morrow is listed as our 3rd string lb. Those players legit would started for us if on our team like 5 years ago or so. 

100% agree on the bold. I think our 2nd string/ backup depth is solid, which is important for a rebuild. Just need the elite players that can change a game. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No extension talks have taken place, interesting. I hope it stays that way. Carr should be the starter this year but he needs to prove he’s a great fit for McDaniels system. 

Could be poker face type comment from jmd but it was definitely interesting 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We never said he wasn’t the QB for 2022. We said he has made no long term commitment. 

They’ve been here a month, did you expect them to have a contract agreement done already? Lol 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 7:10 PM, BayRaider said:

McD said it so himself. Although, yes, he could certainly be lying. 

It is lying season in the NFL now.

What else is he supposed to say? Lol If the season started Sunday, Carr is the starter for 2022, he’s under contract. Beyond that we don’t know, no extension talks

Edited by bucksavage1