The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’ve never seen a fan base turn more on a good player with flaws. You just want him gone with no plan to replace him. I can see how hard it is for you to give him any credit for how he’s played. It’s fine, stay unhappy.

I have a hard time calling him "mediocre" also but yeah, this guy seems like he has a problem with Carr and that's fine. It's his choice

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If fumbles are your biggest concern then get better protection. Fumbles are a problem but such a strange thing to focus on. I'm guessing you'd turn down Dak and Kyler as well? Regardless, get better protection and you don't fumble as much. Can't put all of those on Carr

Better protection I’m not sure help. Carr issue fumbling comes when he gets sacked. 

2020 sacked 26 times and 11 fumbles

2021 sacked 40 times 13 fumbles

He’s averaging one fumble per 3 sacks

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Better protection I’m not sure help. Carr issue fumbling comes when he gets sacked. 

2020 sacked 26 times and 11 fumbles

2021 sacked 40 times 13 fumbles

He’s averaging one fumble per 3 sacks

Certainly will help and It's pretty simple: if you don't hit the QB he usually doesn't fumble lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Certainly will help and It's pretty simple: if you don't hit the QB he usually doesn't fumble lol. 

QBs get sacked, It is inevitable. He needs to hold on to the ball. Ball Security is a huge concern

14 INTs( not all his fault) along with 13 fumbles is nearly turnovers than TDs. We can’t compete with those numbers 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

QBs get sacked, It is inevitable. He needs to hold on to the ball. Ball Security is a huge concern

14 INTs( not all his fault) along with 13 fumbles is nearly turnovers than TDs. We can’t compete with those numbers 

Did you just say we can't compete a year after we made the playoffs with all the **** that happened this past year??

That's quite the oxymoron lol

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hear you but you gotta give carr a chance. No excuses this year so I’m willing to give carr a shot. Now if he comes out playing like trash that’s another thing. But imo gotta give him a chance. But no more excuses tho. 

i respect it!

Add a solid RT, Moses woulda been perfect. But other than that, he has his weapons and the defense should be solid. No excuses, time for DC to ball out and take this team to a new level. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Never seen a fan base so ok with mediocrity. It is amazing. If you’re ok with your QB leading the league in fumbles every season his entire career, I’d question whether you’re a fan of the team or the player  

Carrs led the league twice in fumbles. Classic over exageration to slam Carr. 
Love it, enjoy the next 4 years with Carr bud. 
LOL every year you can keep dreaming. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hear you but you gotta give carr a chance. No excuses this year so I’m willing to give carr a shot. Now if he comes out playing like trash that’s another thing. But imo gotta give him a chance. But no more excuses tho. 

Give Carr a shot? Haha I've never seen a QB of Carrs caliber be given more chances then him on one team. This is the NFL and it stands for "not for long". Teams move on from non superstar QBs all the time who have accomplished as much if not more than Carr has. But somehow, someway Carr has convinced now 4 separate coaching staffs that he's the best man for the job. Good for him, but that's pretty uncommon for a non elite QB which I think we can all agree Carr is not. Well I take that back, I believe some on here might truly believe think Carr is elite the way they talk about him...

He rarely ever starts seasons off playing like trash. It's the November December games where his play tails off is my biggest issue with him. Not rising to the occasion and playing his best when it matters most. That's where the upper echelon QBs get better and Carr has never shown that, no matter what coaching staff we have had.

With the recent moves we have made, the new regime has shown that we are all in with Carr and believe we can win now. I'm fine with that approach. As you said, he really has no excuses now not to have one of his better years. I expect him to put up really good pretty numbers this year but again I will be looking to see how he performs late in the year when I know for a fact the A level QBs in this arms race of a conference will be playing their best.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Give Carr a shot? Haha I've never seen a QB of Carrs caliber be given more chances then him on one team. This is the NFL and it stands for "not for long". Teams move on from non superstar QBs all the time who have accomplished as much if not more than Carr has. But somehow, someway Carr has convinced now 4 separate coaching staffs that he's the best man for the job. Good for him, but that's pretty uncommon for a non elite QB which I think we can all agree Carr is not. Well I take that back, I believe some on here might truly believe think Carr is elite the way they talk about him...

He rarely ever starts seasons off playing like trash. It's the November December games where his play tails off is my biggest issue with him. Not rising to the occasion and playing his best when it matters most. That's where the upper echelon QBs get better and Carr has never shown that, no matter what coaching staff we have had.

With the recent moves we have made, the new regime has shown that we are all in with Carr and believe we can win now. I'm fine with that approach. As you said, he really has no excuses now not to have one of his better years. I expect him to put up really good pretty numbers this year but again I will be looking to see how he performs late in the year when I know for a fact the A level QBs in this arms race of a conference will be playing their best.  

He did more than enough to win some tough games late last year with a bad setup. I don't agree with the fade late narrative as of late. He made mistakes, but he also made some clutch throws when it counted.

53 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He did more than enough to win some tough games late last year with a bad setup. I don't agree with the fade late narrative as of late. He made mistakes, but he also made some clutch throws when it counted.

I don’t get the late in the season thing after last year as well. I also don’t think most Carr fans think he is elite but think the people who criticize him most are way way over the top in their heavy handedness. Essentially, the overtly heavy handed criticism that is too much draws back a defense that is just as heavy handed. For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction essentially. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Trust me I hear you.

Has carr earned a chance with a loaded roster? Imo yes

has carr earned a extension? Imo no

but this year will determine that

fwiw im more of a adams fan than carr

but carr has no excuses now

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mehh defense carried us into the playoffs imo. Even David said yesterday josh won us that charger game to get into the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He had one game in the second half of the season with over 300 yards, 1 game with a rating over 100, 8 TDs, and 6 Ints.  Last year was his worst year for fading in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

He had one game in the second half of the season with over 300 yards, 1 game with a rating over 100, 8 TDs, and 6 Ints.  Last year was his worst year for fading in the 2nd half.

And this is from people who the whole time until that said Ws and Ls are all that matter. Accuse people who support keeping Carr of moving goal posts yet move them constantly themselves. This is exactly what I have been talking about. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

And this is from people who the whole time until that said Ws and Ls are all that matter. Accuse people who support keeping Carr of moving goal posts yet move them constantly themselves. This is exactly what I have been talking about. 

For the team that is all that matters but when talking about a specific player you can not say he is fine because we won.  QBs get most of the credit and blame for the record but you still have to look a little deeper.