The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy never produced at an elite level, he was on a Carr level with that great win % and still couldn't get traded. Yikes.

Jimmy has never even remotely sniffed Carr's level, my boy. 

Ben Roethlisberger was at near peak performance in 2020 though. 12-3, bunch of TDs, almost a career best actually, decent yardage. Why would anyone call for him to hang up the cleats? He was clearly one of the league's hottest QBs....

Except he wasn't. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd also add that Adams and Rodgers played together roughly 4x as long as Carr and Adams did. 

I think some folks are overplaying the "familiarity" aspect of Carr and Adams on game day. They spent 2 years together in college, almost a decade ago. Not saying they're complete strangers, just that I hear a lot about their "historical connection" that gets waaaaay overplayed, imo.

They also worked out together every offseason when we were in Oakland for what it's worth.  Not the same, but also not 10 years ago.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Here you go again. If you paid attention, you’d see that there are very few people implying that he carried us to the playoffs. Just that he did what he needed to do to HELP us win games. But keep going.

I think we have so many active members in here that it can be hard to keep track of who said what all the time.  Sometimes also it is a very outspoken minority that makes it seem like more of the board backs the position.  I did the same thing couple days ago when I made a statement about the board but also had quoted you about something else in the same post so it seemed like I was attacking you.  I have to do a better job of directly addressing the quote and then making the general statement in a new post.  As a whole though it is a positive that this board is so active and is the best group of posters I have ever been involved in.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I think we have so many active members in here that it can be hard to keep track of who said what all the time.  Sometimes also it is a very outspoken minority that makes it seem like more of the board backs the position.  I did the same thing couple days ago when I made a statement about the board but also had quoted you about something else in the same post so it seemed like I was attacking you.  I have to do a better job of directly addressing the quote and then making the general statement in a new post.  As a whole though it is a positive that this board is so active and is the best group of posters I have ever been involved in.

I agree. It's not your fault, it's inevitable with this many posters.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree. It's not your fault, it's inevitable with this many posters.

I'm just amazed how one Josh McDaniels comment got everyone back in the trade Carr mindset. It's called the art of the deal, of course he's not going to publicly say "we're ready to hand Derek a blank check." They have to be modest during negotiations so they can work his agent down.

• Like 1