The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr simply isn’t that guy, dude a bum 

He's not a bum, he's something worse.

Solid yet limited QB, who will never be bad enough for you to completely bottom out. And at his best, he can be a game manager type QB that can eek you into the playoffs once every four years. Purgatory at its finest with him.

There will never be a perfect formula to build around Carr for us. 

• Like 3

I'm ready to move on from Carr. I've seen enough. 

The fact he cannot get Adams involved consistently is infuriating. He did the same with Amari in his first year with Gruden. 

He has too many bad games over the course of a season. Easily taken off his game with a little pressure and gets erratic. When he's hit, he fumbles nearly every time. He hasn't thrown for 3 or more TDs since 2020.

He can manage the game when the running game is clicking. But he cannot carry the team from the QB position consistently. 

It's year 9 and he is who he is and the team is who they are under him. 

• Like 1

Carr can go, Waller can go, and so can this staff at this point for me. I agree about Carr, called it early on yesterday in the gdt page 7. Waller got paid and has the appearance of a man that gives 2 sh*ts, don’t call him a gamer plz....lmfao! He couldn’t hold TKs jockstrap! Period! And this staff? What a joke, still running jet sweeps with DA, sticking to this bullsh*t OL rotation, a fake punt run with a safety? The mysterious disappearance of renfrow with a slot rec. mastermind? A DC that let Kelce kill us in the red zone and yesterday couldn’t even make a 2 nd half adjustment to load the box when hill was taking snaps? I agree about Carr, and the big plus with letting him walk is no more endless debates over something we can’t control.  I don’t even care about who replaces him anymore. Didn’t want this staff and still don’t!!  Either too stupid or stubborn to admit their mistakes. At this point, why are bars and JE still starting? Why are bowers and Koonce not getting more looks? And let’s not forget our wonderful “hand picked” DT rotation..... lmfao!!!! SCRAP ALL OF EM!! Start over!! 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm ready to move on from Carr. I've seen enough. 

The fact he cannot get Adams involved consistently is infuriating. He did the same with Amari in his first year with Gruden. 

He has too many bad games over the course of a season. Easily taken off his game with a little pressure and gets erratic. When he's hit, he fumbles nearly every time. He hasn't thrown for 3 or more TDs since 2020.

He can manage the game when the running game is clicking. But he cannot carry the team from the QB position consistently. 

It's year 9 and he is who he is and the team is who they are under him. 

I do not think Carr is a bum but like many have said he is not the right guy for what we need.  Sad because he physically has everything that is needed.  His issues are between the ears and why this is I do not know.  Not much I can say about Carr that I have not said since 2017.  I can not believe we where stupid enough to give him a no trade clause.  Should have put in the contract that the no trade clause only kicks in after a playoff win.

I’m amazed we all go round in circles so much with Carr. To me the guy he is now is who he’s pretty much always been. You can win with the right pieces around him but he’s not elevating a team by himself.

He’s not a bum, but he’s not a true franchise QB either.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I’m amazed we all go round in circles so much with Carr. To me the guy he is now is who he’s pretty much always been. You can win with the right pieces around him but he’s not elevating a team by himself.

He’s not a bum, but he’s not a true franchise QB either.

He’s QB purgatory someone else wrote it but that’s what he is. For the very Pro-Carr side im wondering if it’s ok to judge him now ? 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

He’s QB purgatory someone else wrote it but that’s what he is. For the very Pro-Carr side im wondering if it’s ok to judge him now ? 

I would think some will start to move over.  I understand their argument that we are taking a risk by moving on but at the same time we are taking a bigger risk by hoping it is going to change.  I have been judging him for 5 years now.  If Carr played any other position he would have been traded already and even his supporters would have said he needs a change of scenery.  He is not a bad player but his best ball does not come out at the right time.  I really question whether he understands how to change his level of play.  Even when it is obvious e need to hit the gas he seems to try and keep the same demeanor and play conservative.