The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, Geezy said:

Pointless without all 22, we can’t see what’s going on downfield. Carr isn’t exempt, but let’s not act like the OL wasn’t getting throttled yesterday. 

This 1000%. 

I don't care if it was Kolton, Parham, Bars, Eleumenor, Munford.....if I heard any of our OL say "we did our job" in that game, I'm Leatherwooding them immediately. They were pathetic, and there's absolutely no defending it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dante9876 said:

That's pretty damaging video. Everybody saying he got sack 3 times hit 9. 2 of those sacks was on him. So was 2 of those hits. Munford actually said something like we did our job(oline). He a darn rookie. 

Is that supposed to be moving or inspiring? 

He can't unequivocally beat out Jermaine Eleumenor. I don't quite care what he thinks about the job being done. Lol

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He can't unequivocally beat out Jermaine Eleumenor. I don't quite care what he thinks about the job being done. Lol

I gotta see this if it’s true wow. Gotta love rooks honest takes. No matter if it’s correct or not that’s usually the voice of the oline room but vets know better than to repeat it publicly.

I remember Diablo first year he called the team out for slacking in practice. 

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I gotta see this if it’s true wow. Gotta love rooks honest takes. No matter if it’s correct or not that’s usually the voice of the oline room but vets know better than to repeat it publicly.

I remember Diablo first year he called the team out for slacking in practice. 

Rookie hot takes are usually pretty entertaining. 

That said, it makes me wonder even more about the OL (and rest of the offense) getting irked about the playbook/play calling and the rotating guys in and out. 

What I'd like to know is what exactly is he referring to. 

Is it a dig at the QB, RB, and WRs? 

Or 

Is it a dig at McDaniels (ie: we're doing what we've been told to do, so if it ain't working, look at the scheme)? 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rookie hot takes are usually pretty entertaining. 

That said, it makes me wonder even more about the OL (and rest of the offense) getting irked about the playbook/play calling and the rotating guys in and out. 

What I'd like to know is what exactly is he referring to. 

Is it a dig at the QB, RB, and WRs? 

Or 

Is it a dig at McDaniels (ie: we're doing what we've been told to do, so if it ain't working, look at the scheme)? 

Good question…

Imo (*) as a ex olinemen / coach I say give me 3-4 solid seconds after snap and that’s all I can really expect anything more = domination. If the qb can’t get the ball out in 3.5 sec on a normal 3-5 step drop then it’s wrs, qbs  or bad play design 

cant be rb cause Jacobs make them look better than they really are

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Maybe instead of getting that shiny new toy in Adams maybe the team should used more resources on the Oline.

I was a big Reggie backer but by investing heavy in the oline it was two birds one stone. I think he wanted to be a physical power run team. However it would also protect Carr because it was actually a better pass blocking line than run blocking iirc.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Maybe instead of getting that shiny new toy in Adams maybe the team should used more resources on the Oline.

On 2nd and 10 why are we running deep crossers with play action but a late check down that didn't start to form until the line already crumbled? 

Was it a severely broken screen? If not, what the hell? 

Even if the execution by the blocking was good there, it's a low % play with a ton of things that could go wrong. 

Play calling and play design are both garbage right there, on top of poor execution. It's crap that, as we've been saying, only works against very bad defenses and only some of the time. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You know him beating out JE just aint true. He can't do anything about the staff love affairs. 

Yep, max protect and 2 man routes? When you’ve got a pretty good front 4 you’re making it easy for them. Carr was shaky, the line blew donkey, and the game plan/playcalling were doo doo. All 3 can and were true. Plus abysmal D with no adjustments? Perfect storm. My question to y’all is..... go back and read the GDT.....we ALL smelled a blowout, and we smelled it early. Correct? Then why the blue blazes couldn’t the staff see this as plain as day? I’m absolutely picking my brain to remember if we called any slants/quick outs or screens......ya know?......adjust? Maybe? We certainly didn’t with t hill running the ball, and that was as obvious as a nose on a face!!!!  SMH! 

• Like 1

I actually believe dfrey is right, carr will be the scapegoat this year. And like I stated before I’m ok with them moving on. But I’m sorry, Waller isn’t getting a pass from me and neither is this coaching staff, they ignored the o line, we ALL knew it would be a problem and hello? Btw, for sh*ts sakes if you’re so bent you bring up stidhams stats.....at least put it in proper perspective. It was game over mop up duty. PERIOD!! and don’t call me a carr homer, I was the first one to call him out Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What a lot of people don't realize is it won't matter who's back there if the line is playing like they have been. It literally will not matter

Agree to an extent. 

There are a lot of QBs who can move out of the pocket, avoid pressure and are not afraid to take a hit trying to make a play. Then there is Derek Carr:

23 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What a lot of people don't realize is it won't matter who's back there if the line is playing like they have been. It literally will not matter

The OL play, the play calling, the play designs...

None of it is good. 

Davante Adams has rushed 3 times for -1 yards. 

He now has -1 career rushing yards. 

He never rushed the ball in Green Bay. 

He also has a 10 yard sack. 

He never attempted a pass in Green Bay. 

So we've managed to use Davante Adams unsuccessfully as a runner and thrower. I wonder why? Probably because he's a WR? 

But yeah, it's Carr's fault. Lol. 

The offense is trash. It's gimmicky trash. And people are actually trying to deflect that 🤦🏼‍♂️

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree to an extent. 

There are a lot of QBs who can move out of the pocket, avoid pressure and are not afraid to take a hit trying to make a play. Then there is Derek Carr:

There are times when Carr does navigate the pocket well though. KC, he was fantastic at it. I feel like this happens most when the OL is basically non-existent like they were against NO b/c, let's face it, he was getting hit far more than he should've been and there were quite a few times where guys were in there almost at an instant. No amount of mobility will help in that situation. I can't think of a single QB in this league who would succeed behind this line. Others may disagree and that's fine. The age-old saying in "the games are won and lost in the trenches" still holds true to this day and we are certainly losing that part on the offensive side.